News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Mafia: The James Edition

Started by James Gryphon, September 05, 2016, 03:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to go?

Gonff the Mousethief
0 (0%)
Groddil
0 (0%)
Eulaliaaa
6 (100%)
Skyblade
0 (0%)
Rosie Willowwater
0 (0%)
Sagetip
0 (0%)
Peony
0 (0%)
Chipster of Noonvale
0 (0%)
Nobody
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Chipster of Noonvale

I assume Vilu and Daskar are the same person?

Either way, he does seem suspicious.  But then, we all thought that last game and he was innocent...

Anyway, I'll probably vote for him unless someone provides a more convincing argument for someone else.

James Gryphon

Added a poll. Majority vote is needed for someone to go. I'll consider the results done when enough people have voted that switching votes is the only way to change the outcome.
« Subject to editing »

Jetthebinturong

I guess for now I'll vote Daskar, as he's the only one with a reason to vote for.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Delthion

I am finding this round confusing, so I voted for myself. ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Fatch of Southsward

Only Delthion would vote for himself.  ;D Why vote at all if that's what you're going to do?  ;D

I'm going to vote Daskar. When I first came to this forum he wanted me to vote for him as president. Seeing as I didn't do that, I figure I have to make it up to him somehow.

Also, he was in favor of lynching me, which I'm definitely not a fan of.  :P
~ The best way to pay for a happy moment is to enjoy it ~

James Gryphon

« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

*Comes back after posting barely this morning*

Woah O__________o That escalated quickly.

I'm just going to save this for evidence:

Quote from: Poll ResultsResponses to PUBLIC poll:   Who should be voted off the island?
Timestamp   Member   Choice   Choice Label   /   Comment
September 07, 2016, 08:34:03 pm   Jet the binturong   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 08:35:57 pm   Chipster of Noonvale   15   Lord Daskar
It's actually possible to vote for nobody?
September 07, 2016, 08:42:30 pm   Delthion   1   Delthion
September 07, 2016, 08:54:48 pm   Sagetip   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 09:51:35 pm   Groddil   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 10:07:00 pm   Fatch of Southsward   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 10:10:31 pm   Rosie Willowwater   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 10:39:12 pm   Gonff the Mousethief   15   Lord Daskar
September 07, 2016, 11:39:14 pm   Aimless Gallivanter   15   Lord Daskar

That's already 8/15, so he's out. In all honesty, don't we think we're jumping the gun a little? I was hoping we could get a defense from Daskar before lynching him.

EDIT: I did vote him, though, as he's my only real suspect. Plus he's going to die anyway, so might as well put my vote where my opinion is.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Groddil

* Groddil has died in 100% of all mafia games he has played (read: 2). But at least Groddil took the Mafia with him!

Well, it is the first day. There aren't that many clues. 'Course, there's always the possibility that Daskar was just town and worded it wrong. I really hope we got this right.

* Groddil shrugs.

Skyblade

I'm gonna move info from my last post over here.

Anyway, considering that I've been killed in 3/4 games I've played and there's twice the chance of it happening this game, I'm going to try to get some thoughts up before the Night. Of course, my opinions will change after we discover Daskar's role, but by then it would already be Night.

If I die, please come back and look at this.

My Thoughts
I don't know what to make of everyone jumping onto the Vilu Daskar choo-choo train, but it makes me uneasy. Hence why I saved the poll results, so anyone can look back at them later.

I'm just going to run down the list of players:

Del: The only clue I have is that he voted for himself. Don't tell me what to do with that info :P

Gonff: Posted once about setup, which doesn't tell much. Then followed the crowd in voting Daskar. This makes me a bit suspicious, because Gonff is usually more analytical than that.

Soren: Right now, I'm leaning Town on him. Bear in mind that it's the beginning of the game and my evidence isn't strong. But I like his first post; I like how he points out the potential clues so everyone is aware of them but also acknowledges that they could be wrong. This seems like a Town attitude to me, remaining impartial and not going too far one direction or the other.

Groddil: He posted once, then followed the crowd. However, I do like the post he made; I agree with both his points. Right now I can't say much.

Eul: I'm suspicious of her. Usually, Eul is a very active and thoughtful poster. But despite remaining as active on the forum as ever, Eul hasn't posted here once. It makes me feel uneasy. I remember one game when Jet was Mafia, he didn't post in the thread and got by unnoticed. When someone finally pointed it out, he made an excuse. I don't know whether Eul would do the same thing, but her inactivity is something to consider.

Galli: Followed crowd and made one decent post. Meh, need more info.

Fatch: I like his line of thinking, but he did say he likes Mafia a lot, so he may be better at faking. Not one way or the other on him.

Ash: Hasn't posted once...

Rosie: Posted once about how fun this is, right? Then followed crowd... I don't like the lack of posts (correct me if she posted and I missed it)

Sage: I don't like how in the post following my suspicions of Vilu, he says he will follow "everyone else". At the time, the only people who suspected Vilu were me and Fatch - "everyone else" is a gross exaggeration of two people, and might be used as an excuse to vote Vilu. A little odd.

Peony: Can't say much.

Jet: Ditto

Chipster: I like that he was asking questions, but he also followed the crowd. Need more content.

Daskar: We know my opinion! :P

Ugh, this so so time consuming :P If there's a next time, I'm not going in this depth.
[close]

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Rosie Willowwater

I was confused wether we were waiting on the mafia doctor and . . . Others or if we were deciding on who to vote for so I kept quiet.

Gonff the Mousethief

I jumped on no train. I fully voted for Daskar because I felt that was the best choice. Now, I'm not going to go straight in and analyze everything that people say, because people can lie, while clues can't.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Aimless Gallivanter

yeah but you can misinterpret clues
im gay!!!!!!

Gonff the Mousethief

Well I would much rather fail at my own cost then being simply tricked.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Eulaliaaa!

Crud, I forgot this started. That happened last round, sorry.

Anyhow, I do think it's suspicious that Dasker would leave out several people, but we should slow down a bit because this is a more complicated round. There's more Mafia this time, which means we have to be careful who we vote out. Everybody seems to be leaning towards him so fast, and, while I don't really see anything else that would make me suspect a specific member, I doubt it's a good idea to vote so quickly.

I'm going to go back and read over the posts more carefully to see if there's anything I can find.

EDIT:

I'm not pointing fingers just yet, or saying this is who I'm voting for, but I think I may suspect Jet and Peony.

Peony - remember that round when she was Mafia and made a post about not getting a PM, oh oops, now everybody knows she's Town, oh no... wait, she was actually the Mafia? She's been making posts about not understanding and maybe even dropping out, which could be very similar to the trick she pulled off when she was the Mafia. I'm not saying it means anything, but that's what it could be.

Jet - we all are complaining about how he posted nothing when he was Mafia, and now he is posting, that means he must be Town this time, right? Well, it would only make sense for him to post a lot now if he was Mafia, it makes sense. Again, I'm not saying this definitely means he's Mafia, I'm just saying he and Corn should be watched. Not that there is someone who shouldn't be, it's never a good idea to trust anyone in this game.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Delthion

I bet one of the mafia groups are Skye, Gonff and Fatch, they were the only ones that were talking in a group of three and they only APPEARED to be discussing innermost feelings. Fatch and Skye are the most intimidating mafia players in this game, so we should probably eliminate one of them first.
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.