News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Krimson Traitor

Started by SoranMBane, April 24, 2018, 08:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoranMBane

Welp, I did it; I've finally mustered up the courage to post some of my Redwall fanfic to Fanfiction.net. I've been terrified of actually doing this (mostly because I'm afraid I'll get writer's block somewhere down the line and then never finish it), but I've put too much time into it to do nothing with it, so I've got to bite the bullet sometime. ^_^;

So, for your reading pleasure, I present The Krimson Traitor: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12913873/1/The-Krimson-Traitor

And since Fanfiction.net's summary word limit forced me to cut down the original story summary I'd written, I'll copy-and-paste the original version from my story notes:

QuoteIn spite of the long seasons that have passed since its construction and the machinations of villainous vermin warlords, Redwall Abbey has changed very little from the bastion of peace and freedom it has always been. But the Krimson, a family of mysterious red-furred creatures from far across the western sea, have landed in Mossflower country to spread their mighty empire, and change is most certainly in the air. To combat this deadly and unconventional threat, an equally unconventional hero will be called upon; the cynical warrior fox Nihil, who must shed his blood-red cloak and betray everything he's ever been loyal to in order to win the life he's always longed for... And perhaps learn the true meaning of heroism as no Redwall savior has ever known it.

For now, I've only posted the prologue and chapter 1, but I do have up to chapter 5 already completed as well (and chapter 6 after that is about 60-70% complete). I'll try to post a new chapter each Monday from now until I run out of completed chapters, and after that I'll just be posting them as they're finished.

All my completed chapters have been posted so far; the next chapter will be posted when it's done.

Anyway, please be nice I'm a fragile little baby please feel free to give pointers or point out any errors I might have missed in terms of spelling/punctuation/etc. Hopefully some feedback from others will help keep me motivated.

The Grey Coincidence

I left some reviews over on Fanfiction since I prefer using that website. I've already stated my opinion there so I shan't repeat myself.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

SoranMBane

Thanks for the kind words in your reviews. :)

Though I suppose I may as well clarify some stuff about Vatcha, since it's not really a plot spoiler and it'll get brought up in the next chapter anyway (which will of course be released next Monday). Vatcha is indeed a real fox, but she's a grey fox (which is a North American species):

Her strangely squirrel-like qualities aren't exactly an accident, though, because grey foxes are actually pretty good climbers (in fact, they're one of the only canines that are adapted for tree-climbing):

The Grey Coincidence

Rightey. Im not American so I didn't even know a grey fox existed XD
And my love of conspiracy theories makes me used to reading too much into something.
I wanted to point out that if she is a squirrel she really shouldn't be trusting a fox (even Smutty) straight away, but now that it's clarified I have no reason to do so.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

SoranMBane

Chapter 2 has now been submitted! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12913873/3/The-Krimson-Traitor

This one's a shorter, talkier chapter. I was also up pretty late last night doing some last-minute editing; of all the chapters I currently have completed, this was always the one I was the least proud of in terms of the quality of my writing, so hopefully I managed to polish it up enough. But at least next Monday's chapter will have a bit of violence in it, so that'll be fun. ;D

Captain Tammo

This is pretty well written, Soran! The dialogue between Vatcha and Smutt in chapter 2 flows very nicely. A lot of people I know struggle when it comes to that stuff, so nice work :)
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

SoranMBane

Thanks! I'm glad it actually turned out alright. ^-^

SoranMBane

SoranMBane

Chapter 4 has been submitted! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12913873/5/The-Krimson-Traitor

This one's mostly a just a peak into the mind of our beleaguered main antagonist. Next week's chapter will have a bit of worldbuilding. ^.^

SoranMBane

Chapter 5 has been submitted! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12913873/6/The-Krimson-Traitor

Man, this is the longest chapter yet, huh? I hope my expositing isn't too crazy...

Also, I made some minor edits to chapters 1 and 3, because I finally realized that my asterisk scene breaks weren't showing up (I guess they're not allowed on Fanfiction.net for some reason?), so I replaced them with line breaks. Sorry for any confusion that might have caused in those chapters. ^_^;