News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Superhero Powers

Started by Matthias720, October 20, 2011, 02:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

I'm a geek. And as such, I am obligated to bring up the topic of superheros and their powers, or rather in this case, you and superhero powers. My question to you is:
"If you could have one super power, what would it be, and why?"

Be creative , but please try not to pick something over-the-top. Anyone could say "Oh, I have the power to always win." because that's just not fun. Instead, think about your natural talents, and pick something that compliments them.

For example, I would choose technopathy as my super power, that is, the ability to communicate with and control technology. I pick that because I love computers, and I work with them on a daily basis. Being a technopath would make parts of my job much easier.

What about you?

Nightfire

I personally would love to have...dun dun da dunnn....telekenesis!  ;D

And I am also a major geek, nerd, eccentric, erratic person...ect, ect. :D
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

DanielofRedwall

That is a hard one... I'd love to be able to shape shift in to any animal in the world, but that is a bit over the top. Perhaps the ability to communicate with animals. That way, I could communicate with my dog, and find out what is bothering her. It would be interesting to find out what goes on in the mind of an animal. I love animals, and I often wish I had this power.
I'd also like to read minds, which is a power I've often (jokingly) claimed to have. I'd keep it to myself, but then I could find out who is lying or what someone is thinking at a certain time. As long as I could control it and only use it when needed. Adding controlling minds to that, even.
I also like to travel, so the ability to teleport wherever I want at any time I like would be awesome. Would that be considered over the top? Even time travelling would be awesome.
Flying would be fun, but I couldn't really think of a time when I would really need it.
Any of those I'd be happy with.
Received mostly negative reviews.

James Gryphon

I don't know; I think the "power to always win" might be interesting, just because of the angst and unintended consequences.

If you "always win", then that means you can't turn it off -- which has a plethora of potential problems.

For instance, not being able to sign up to compete in an official competition, because you know it wouldn't be fair because of your unique superpower... and none of your friends agreeing to play games with you because they know they'll always get destroyed. Games that used to be fun and interesting would become incredibly boring because of your ability to win with anything, no matter what you do.

It would definitely get old after just a short while.

As far as my powers, I can think of two that might be practical -- either the ability to power anything within a few meters of me that runs on electricity, or perfect invisibility. The former is practical if there's ever a power outage; the latter naturally suits my social persona. ;)
« Subject to editing »

Nightfire

:D I think being invisible would be cool, as long as you didn't leave footprints, or a shadow to let people know about your location.
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

yeswonderful

Also being a major nerd in both my love of comic books and biology,  I have given this much thought over the years.

Being a farmer, I would benefit greatly from a power that has something to do with plants. How the powers works is that I would be able to harness the energy from the sun through photosynthesis (I would most likely have chloroplasts of some sort in my body, giving my skin a green tinge). Then I would be able to transfer that energy to plants. I could decide which plant it goes to and sense in a way which plant is which. I could take a seed and, in five minutes, have it germinate, grow, flower, fruit and die. I could selectively have a plant create more antioxidants with which to combat insect pests. In addition to helping the plants I'd want to have do well, I could select against weeds by messing with their growth patterns and killing them in that way.
I would also be able to create plant structures on myself because of my photosynthetic ability. For example, because photosynthesis is involved in creating complex carbon structures, I could potentially shoot woody vines out of my hands or create thick bark armor for myself.

I would not, however, be a crime-fighting superhero. My prowess is on the farm, and that is where I would want to make the difference for people. What better way to work towards a better society than to create healthy, vibrant communities around sustainable farms?
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

Redwall Musician

I would have to the power to have as many powers as I want!
Just Kidding!

I would like to go back in time so I can redo all the things I did wrong. Or be able to adjust my voice so that way I can sing high (alto, donchya know!) Or be able to never lose an object (like when you lose your keys and can never find them). 
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

rakkety tam

whoa just one man ok this is going to be hard let me think... ok iether to be able to controll the elements (earth wind fire water) or to shapeshift into any person or animal i have seen in person and have there abilitys
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Plugg Firetail

My power would probably to swich between eyesight. I have extreme colorblind issues(not like a dog)and have to wear glasses because of a fuzziness in my left eye. I have never had perfectly good eyesight. Another power I would have is to be as tall as I wanted to be. I am considered short by my fellow 7th graders.

Tiria Wildlough

To do anything with water...or to teleport...or to move stuff with my mind...oh, I can't choose. But if I had to choose one for the rest of my life, I would choose water. ;D I love water.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Zwilt the Shade

Someone might have said this but I would like to be able to shapeshift into anything. And have a shapeshifting dagger.

Nightfire

A shapeshifting dagger!!! :o That would be so awesome!!!

Captain Tammo

Having a passion for flying and taken flying lessons, I'd say the ability of flying! Or like the guy with angel wings from XMEN
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skalrag of Marshank

Invisibility and force fields would be awesome. Just think Violet from The Incredibles. ;D

I would also like to be able to tell if someone is lying or not. It really bugs me if I can't tell.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Coobreedan

I would love super speed. When I am bored in class I sit there thinking:

'If I had super speed I would run out of this lesson and come back in less than a second...'
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.