News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

2016 Winter Season Thread

Started by James Gryphon, December 02, 2016, 12:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashleg

Quote from: Groddil on December 02, 2016, 03:55:36 AM
Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 02, 2016, 01:33:49 AM
I don't celebrate Christmas, sooo... nothing interesting will be happening on that front.  My dad and two of my younger siblings are going to New Zealand for a visit next week, and they'll be back on Christmas Day.  #insanelyjealous

@Groddil:  American schools usually have a several-day break around Christmas.  I think?

Wuh? We get nearly 2 and a half months. How long is summer break for you guys?
Three months for me.

Two weeks in winter, but we also get a weeklong break for Thanksgiving and some scattered days in January.

Also, congrats to ROSAY

Gonff the Mousethief

Rosie! Yes! That is an awesome name! So glad you got it, you certainly deserve it!
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

DanielofRedwall

Congratulations Rosie, very well deserved and a lovely name chosen. :)

Well, I'm finished with school, so over summer (for me) I have no real obligations besides part time jobs. I have a lot of concerts lined up and outings with friends, and in a few months I'm going to Sydney and Melbourne to visit family for Christmas. :)
Received mostly negative reviews.

Banya

Great name, Rosie. Congratulations!

Classes end next week, and I have a con in Chicago in two weeks in the middle of finals, where I'm going to be in a Black Butler panel. I get to go home for about six days around Christmas. Have a great December, everyone.

Amarith Waterspring

Great name, Rosie! You definitely have added a lot to this forum. :)

I am taking the HSPT (High School Prep Test I think) tomorrow, so I am trying to relax before hand, because anything with a time limit makes it so much more stressful. I also have a theater scholarship audition next Saturday, so I am...stressed to say the least. But after that I have nothing until we celebrate Christmas. We usually just do the normal family gifts.
Rosie is weird,
Violets are weirder,
I can't rhyme,
Potato.

Søren

Congratulations Rosie! :D

@James Gryphon Don't think I didn't notice that little tidbit drop. Loamhedge Day is coming up fast, on the 8th! :D I'm actually excited. We should do something. Like a Cellar's dance or get together or something.

I'll be going about my usual business, hoping the Patriots can make it to February, trying to tolerate my family, and of course spend time with you-know-who.

I'm retired from the forum

Rosie Willowwater

Jetthebinturong

HIS NAME STARTS WITH A V.

SOREN ARE YOU DATING THE DARK LORD VOLDEMORT?

I'm just gonna hang around at home with my family. Godparents usually come by around Christmas and New Years.
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

I'm retired from the forum

Jukka the Sling

"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Lady Amber

Congratulations, Rosie! I love the name! :)

Gonff the Mousethief

Quote from: Søren on December 02, 2016, 06:38:21 PM
Congratulations Rosie! :D

@James Gryphon Don't think I didn't notice that little tidbit drop. Loamhedge Day is coming up fast, on the 8th! :D I'm actually excited. We should do something. Like a Cellar's dance or get together or something.

I'll be going about my usual business, hoping the Patriots can make it to February, trying to tolerate my family, and of course spend time with you-know-who.

This could be cool. It could be like a mini Prom to hold us off until March.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Faiyloe

Congratulations Rosie.  ;D Those gifs perfectly express my facial expressions while reading this thread. All of them. Even Voldemort XD XP. Anyway, I think you are the perfect choice for the job  Rosie.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Captain Tammo

Happy Winter Nameday, everyone!!! :)

Great name, @Rosie Willowwater ! There's nothing I love more than looking at the clouds near dusk and sunset. In fact, I'd just taken a picture of the sky on my way home from class today. There's something about that distinct, dusty-peach look the clouds get as the sun begins to set and it's one of the most beautiful colors I've ever seen. No matter how stressful the day, a good sunset in the winter can put you in high spirits :)

So I'm gearing up for my finals (I'm a third year student in engineering), and everything is a bit crazy right now. But once it's December 17th I'm officially done with this semester and am looking forward to spending some quality time with my friends and family back home. I've recently discovered the magic of giant trampoline parks. If you haven't been to one before, I highly recommend going because they're absolutely awesome!! I know I'm going to try going a few times over the break.

Let's see what else.... hope you're having a great day!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

@Rosie Willowwater

Nice name, and congratulations :) You deserve this. I wanted you as Season Namer, to be honest, so this brightened my day too ;)

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!