Redwall TV series

Started by Wydran Riverpaw, June 19, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wydran Riverpaw

Have you seen the Redwall TV series?

I remember watching it waaay back when I was little and it used to be on TV, I would watch and sometimes imitate the Sparra: "Killee! Killee!" :D I really liked it and it definitely influenced me to start reading the books.

What are your thoughts on it? :)

Matthias720

As I talked about in the "How did you first find out about Redwall" thread, the TV show is what introduced me to Redwall. I found it to be a wonderful experience, and it would lead to my reading of the book series, and eventually, coming here. :)

Redwall Musician

You copied the sparrows? I do too, sometimes.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Silas

I didn't know about the show for a while, until my friend Emma showed me it.

Osu

I've seen some of it! I actually really like it - I thought the animation would put me off, but it's actually quite endearing once you get used to it.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

SpringWitch

I knew about the show for years before I actually saw it. Because it was a) made in Canada by Nelvana, and b) not as widely known in Australia, we never saw it here. This was a major bummer for me for a long time, until YouTube got awesome and I could find it there *coughs*. It only just started airing on pay TV here in the last year.

DanielofRedwall

I used to love it, now I don't enjoy it as much. I find the voices of the characters a little annoying at times. Still, it was PART of how I got in to Redwall.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'm pumped now. *goes to watch TV series*
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 23, 2011, 12:02:38 PM
I'm pumped now. *goes to watch TV series*
See you tomorrow, 'cause once you start watching you won't want to stop. ;)

Redwall Musician

Me and my siblings have just finished season 1 of the tv series. We had watched it before, but we saw it at the library and got all excited again. We have also watched Marin the Warrior, but not Mattimeo.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Osu

It's a shame there were only three books made into a TV series. I would have liked to see Pearls of Lutra or Legend of Luke, maybe... and I must say, the series producers did a great job condensing an entire book into just 13 episodes.

Redwall Musician

I was reading something from Google a while back. It said they almost made another series and it would have been Mossflower. I wish they still showed it on PBS. They took it off because it was too violent. Now they only show a bunch of educational shows.

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 23, 2011, 10:55:51 PM
I was reading something from Google a while back. It said they almost made another series and it would have been Mossflower. I wish they still showed it on PBS. They took it off because it was too violent. Now they only show a bunch of educational shows.
I didn't know that! :o Do you have a link, maybe, to the source? I'd be interested in checking it out. :)

Redwall Musician

Google Redwall and then go to Wikipedia. Look around and there should be something about a TV series. I thing I read it there.

Lily

I"ve never seen the series. I heard about it online and was really excited for it to begin, but it never aired in Australia. What channel aired it the past year, SpringWitch?