Forum History 2012 Discussion

Started by Matthias720, April 17, 2017, 07:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Lutra

In 2012, our friendly otter moderator, BrookSkimmer, made a Christmas Card from the staff (at the current time) to all the members of the forum. :)  The card is below:

Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Lutra

Going through old staff threads, 2012 was our first year pulling off April Fools jokes.  In this year, the staff masqueraded as characters from Salamandastron and made it a game with the community to determine who was masquerading as whom.  Instead of changing their accounts, the staff all registered new accounts so it would be practically impossible to tell who was who and it was basically a blind guess. Most people were not able to match the correct staff member with their masquerading counterpart.

Brookskimmer --> Cuthbert Blanedale Frunk
Lutra --> Lord Russano
DanielofRedwall --> Rake Nightfur
Lily --> Hon Rosie
TaggerungofRedwall --> Buckworthy Crumshaw
Matthias720 --> Sergeant Bann
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Captain Tammo

Ah, memories :') You guys nailed it with these (and still do a great job)!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Søren

I don't remember much from 2012, it seems like so long ago. But I remember BrookSkimmer. Great mod. :) Especially evident during a cringy forum life period on my part.

I'm retired from the forum

shisteer of nothing much

Seasons were named Spring of New Beginnings by Bragoon, Summer of Renewed Hopes by Trigoma, Autumn of the Faded Rose by Icefire and Winter of the Glistening Snow by Skipper.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Trigoma

Ah, great memories. Completely forgot that I named the first summer season this forum had! :P

Miss everyone greatly; miss the good old days. Wish I knew the newer folks better so I may join in more on the current going-ons. Cheers everyone :)
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

shisteer of nothing much

You can get to know us. (We're at an advantage though. Many of us have read the great Histories and know quite a bit about you already)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Trigoma

Uh oh. I was quite the character when I was younger. Hopefully there is nothing too embarrassing! :P
"Whenever there is a meeting, a parting is sure to follow. However, that parting need not last forever... Whether a parting be forever or merely for a short time...that is up to you."
—Happy Mask Salesman

Sebias of Redwall

Lol. It would be our pleasure to get to know you better, Trigoma. Everybeast is welcome to Redwall - our gates are always open to beasts of goodwill. (Though I'm guessing you already know this.  :laugh:
"I can only speak two languages. English and rubbish." ~Brian Jacques

"No half-heartedness and no worldly fear must turn us aside from following the light unflinchingly."

"Evil labours with vast power and perpetual success - in vain: preparing always only the soil for unexpected good to sprout in."

~JRR Tolkien

Long live the RRR!

2 quid is good

We had the first forum anniversary celebration :D

Not sure if that counts as history though
I've been here throughout my formative years......

So please don't judge me by my tweenage posts XD