News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Arthur

Started by The Shadow of Korriban, January 30, 2019, 01:34:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where would you like to hang out?

The Sugar Bowl
5 (100%)
The Library
0 (0%)
The Tree House
0 (0%)
Brain's Ice Cream Shop
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

The Shadow of Korriban

I believe it is an American-Canadian TV show, Verdauga.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

shisteer of nothing much

Quote from: Verdauga on April 13, 2020, 01:59:05 AM
He is speaking about the American cartoon featuring the title character Arthur, an anthropomorphic aardvark.
Oh. I have no knowledge of this beast and I don't think I need to.
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

The Shadow of Korriban

That's a tad narrow-minded.  What if I said the same thing about The Silmarillian.
The best way to forget your own problems is to beat a rock with a stick.<br /><br />My YouTube channel!

Hickory

I really don't get the apparent dislike of Arthur.

It was a show distinct even from its fellows on PBS for the rather unique subject matter – Fetch!, for example, leaned much more towards the educational and entertainment side as opposed to Arthur. I think Arthur can really only be compared to Sesame Street. What other show has so neutrally and easily approached sensitive topics such as homosexuality, autism, cancer, dyslexia, asthma, and a plethora of social problems faced by young children across the US and Canada, not to mention the greater world? Yes, Arthur may seem plodding compared to the fast pace of other shows for its age group, but I feel as if it accomplishes more than many other shows did. I'd always felt a sense of comfort when watching it as a child – that slice of life style coupled with humor and meaningful stories (obviously I missed out on some of that at the time, but nowadays I can appreciate it). It was a progressive show that did a lot for its audience and surely helped to educate and broaden the perspective of many, which I think is in some ways more valuable than anything else.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

shisteer of nothing much

I don't dislike it, I just don't have any opinion on the subject since I've never watched it. (And we don't have a TV, so I don't think I'm likely to)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Quote from: Sheev Palpatine on April 13, 2020, 02:20:56 AM
I believe it is an American-Canadian TV show, Verdauga.
I've seen it, so it's definitely broadcast in Britain, although maybe not 'British'.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.