News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

I need to know!! Why is this?

Started by Gears, April 20, 2012, 03:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gears

I have noticed some actions that have caught my attention on these forums... A positive one! Everyone seems so happy and caring, and they all participate with one another. I have not seen one objective post here! No swearing, nothing. Why does this community mesh so well? You guys are so awesome! I love how i can go on here, and see everyone taking constructive criticism, and replying to it well. Is everyone here 18+? Or does everyone know how to act?  Just some thoughts, I think it's awesome though.
Yeah, I do stuff sometimes.

MatthiasMan

I'm 12 years old. I'm just glad I finally get to meet some Redwallers because there are none at my school except me.

Gears

Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 20, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
I'm 12 years old. I'm just glad I finally get to meet some Redwallers because there are none at my school except me.
Ah! That's awesome! Im 15, and i love redwall!

Dannflower Reguba

I be's 15 too! yes this is a VERY clean site, because the moderators are REALLY picky.... But that is what makes this site so clean! Also, I think those of us who read in general are USUALLY a bit more cooperative with others.
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Gears on April 20, 2012, 03:37:28 AM
Quote from: MatthiasMan on April 20, 2012, 03:36:11 AM
Ah! That's awesome! Im 15, and i love redwall!

woW! 0_o  ;D Yup, more solitary than social. That's what I always say, cause it's true for me.

Mad Maudie

i'm twelve and i don't swear on principle and i don;t really get out i'm pretty normal for me but nothing else (I only now peeps from church Roman catholic Latin mass all homeschooled)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Icefire

Quote from: Gears on April 20, 2012, 03:34:46 AM
I have noticed some actions that have caught my attention on these forums... A positive one! Everyone seems so happy and caring, and they all participate with one another. I have not seen one objective post here! No swearing, nothing. Why does this community mesh so well? You guys are so awesome! I love how i can go on here, and see everyone taking constructive criticism, and replying to it well. Is everyone here 18+? Or does everyone know how to act?  Just some thoughts, I think it's awesome though.
1. We follow the rules.
2. I would guess that most of us, like Maudie, have been raised in such a way that we automatically shun swearing and other "adult-content" posts.
3. Our super awesome Mods and Admins quickly deal with any issues.
Living in peace, aye many a season,
Calm in life and sound in reason,,
'Til evil arrives, a wicked horde,
Driving a warrior to pick up his sword,
The challenger rings then, straight and fair,
Justice is with us, beware. Beware!

DanielofRedwall

I think it is awesome how the mods are so easy to get along with. I know plenty of forums where everyone hates the moderators, but not here! And the people here are mature enough to follow the rules (for the most part) and respect people's opinions.
Received mostly negative reviews.

rakkety tam

i'm 12 also but alot of people tell me i'm why more mature than the a regular 12 year old kid
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Mad Maudie

Quote from: rakkety tam on April 20, 2012, 05:16:41 AM
i'm 12 also but alot of people tell me i'm why more mature than the a regular 12 year old kid

they've said that too but after my siggie i tend to disagree
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Varleyfray

I think you've got less swearing because of the number of younglings on the forums, actually.  I curse like a sailor in real life (and I'm in my 30's), but I tend to be rather tame when I know there are kiddles about. ;)

Skipper

The mods do an awesome job (you too admins ;) ) also I am quite mature -or so they tell me.

Tiria Wildlough

I'm 11 years old. I never swear or anything. The reason I like this forum is because everyone is so nice, and no one is really mean.
(Look, I know that sounded cheesy.)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gears

Wow, just from the responses my thoughts were confirmed! Yes, the admins are awesome, because they realize that we are people too. And you guys are awesome too! (The people at minecraft forums are not very nice...)

Matthias720

I believe that this forum works, because we are all here for ultimately one reason; to honor the memory of Brian Jacques and the world he created. We, as a community, respect him and his work enough that we are willing to put aside our differences for the sake of something we love. And of course, good forum rules do help as well. :D

Here's something you didn't know before. I was the one who designed the basis for the forum rules. I went around to other forums I am a member of (though not on staff) and borrowed bits and pieces of their rules. I used the rules from these forums because they have a similar feel to what we have now; a friendly place where friends meet to discuss a fandom they love. The rules I borrowed were put together to ultimately create what you see today as our forum rules. ToR and Lady Shael helped knock out the rough parts and add other parts that were missing, improving the quality of the rules. We've also added to the rules as the need has arisen, but that hasn't happened too much. I'm just glad that everyone sticks to them...mostly. ;)