News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Merchandise

Started by Tiria Wildlough, September 28, 2013, 11:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

What do you think of merchandise from popular things? Such as, One Direction pillow pets. ::)
(Well, maybe not as ridiculous as that, but you get the picture.)
Personally, I'm fine if it's stuff like clothes or keyrings or jewelry, but things like pillow pets, candy, etc. get on my nerves a bit.
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Redwaller

Like what they do wih Transformers, Marvel Characters, etc?

THAT gets on my nerves! About every product they make! It's ridiculous! I think that clothes are fine, but when they double the cost just because it's popular, that goes over the limit!

The Shade

I don't really mind, if people like them, that they can buy 'em. As long as I can't see the stuff.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Dawnwing

Yeah, I like clothes and stuff like that. 
It probably depends on the product.  One that I thought was pretty stupid was that for The Hunger Games, they came out with a line of nail polish.... based on the brainwashed, fashion-obsessed citizens of the Capitol.  It's got nothing to do with the plot of the series; rather, it completely misses the point of the plot.

Lily

I agree about the Hunger Games nailpolish, Dawnwing. What was the point of that? Sometimes these things go a bit too far.

Having said that, I'm a bit of a sucker for merchandise, mostly in the form of t-shirts. I like to show my love of geeky things. Japan is the worst place for stuff like that, too, the shops are full of crazy stuff. The weirdest thing I think I have is an R2-D2 kitchen timer that I won in a lucky-dip. It's not something I would have bought myself, but I do use it quite a lot!

Or is a Han Solo in carbonite ice cube tray weirder? Hmmm...

Even musical actresses I like have their own mascots here. :P I... may have bought a plushie keyring. In my defence, LOOK AT IT:
Chocosaurus

IT'S ADORABLE.
[close]

MeadowR

^ Oh no! That is very cute!
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Redwaller

I'm not trying to bring down anybody. The problem I have is when, just because it has the shape of something popular, they double, triple, quadruple the prices. That is wrong!

The Shade

I don't really see your point. Why shouldn't people over price things? If customers are silly enough to blow their money that way, then its the customers problem.  ;)

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Moztly ah juzt ztick viz zin'z like Pokemon an' Yugioh, but zat more favz under ze category o' toyz...*Goez off tae 'ave a battle betveen 'iz Pikachu an' Charmander figurez*
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Dawnwing

One thing I've thought was pretty cool was Portal bookends.

"Spoiler'd for size"

[close]

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

MeadowR

~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

The Shade