Reading book challenge!

Started by Martha Braebuck, June 21, 2011, 07:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Tammo

Screen name: Captain Tammo
Book I'm going to read: rakkety tam (hav'nt read that one in a while)
Estimated time: 3-4 days
Actual time: to be determined.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Gonff

Screenname: Nature Lover
Book your going to read: Redwall
Estimated time: 6 hours (Without breaks) 3 days (with breaks)
Actually time: 6 hr. 36 min. (Without breaks) 2 days (with breaks)
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Redwall Musician

Name: Musician, Redwall Musician
Book: Martin the Warrior
Est. Time: 3 days
Real time: to be known later.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

DanielofRedwall

So, from this, I gather it includes the breaks?
Received mostly negative reviews.

Osu

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 01, 2011, 09:13:00 AM
I dunno where Martha went, but I'm not going to include breaks. I'm gonna time myself per chapter since my free day went kaput. ;D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: Osu on July 01, 2011, 07:56:08 PM
Quote from: DanielofRedwall on July 01, 2011, 09:13:00 AM
I dunno where Martha went, but I'm not going to include breaks. I'm gonna time myself per chapter since my free day went kaput. ;D
Fair enough. I'll put one up not including breaks then.

GeminyaTome

I read Taggerung in one day; and I wasn't even reading it straight through. I read Redwall so much that my punishment is no reading!
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4

Osu

Quote from: GeminyaTome on July 02, 2011, 06:40:05 PM
I read Taggerung in one day; and I wasn't even reading it straight through. I read Redwall so much that my punishment is no reading!
Noooo! Such a punishment - this is terrible and unheard of! No reading? :'( You must have suffered so. ;D
....in just one day? Wow, I a lot of people seem to have done this. I must try it some time...
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

I read about 4/5's of a series in one day, and they were pretty thick, about 220-300 pages long. I think I read about 5 of them. Very good, especially because they were about Australian football.  :)

Skalrag of Marshank

I read Mariel of Redwall in one day. I was at a Family Christmas party, and I got kinda bored, so...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

I used to read the books as fast as I could, but now I'm trying to read them more slowly to enjoy them more and get a better understanding
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Yeah, since Brian Jacques died, I've been trying to svor every paragraph of the books so they aren't over too fast.
  ~ Larry Boy

Folgrimeo

Sheesh, I didn't know Redwall fans were such speed readers. The fastest I ever read a book was "Taggerung" in 2 days, from early morning one day to just before midnight the next. The idea that anyone could clear the mammoth "Mattimeo" in one day boggles my mind.

Skalrag of Marshank

Mattimeo was short to me. I don't know, I just wish it had lasted longer. It was really good.
  ~ Larry Boy

GeminyaTome

Screen Name: GeminyaTome
Book: Taggerung
Time: Less than 24 hours
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night.

Psalm 90:2,4