News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Mhera

I applied to two colleges and got accepted into both. Neither is anywhere near being a prestigious genius factory, but they'll do ;D

As for current school work, I'm on track to finish up the year (or at least most of it) by the end of next month...

Jukka the Sling

@Mhera:  Wow, congrats!  Do you know what you want to major in?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

Congrats, Mhera! :) Hearing good news from others is nice, especially when we on the forum have been so troubled.

The end is near, be glad ;D

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

What do you hope to major in, Skye?
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

Skyblade

I don't know. It's something that's been on my mind.

What about you?

Jukka the Sling

I don't think I'm gonna go to college. :P  (But I suppose you never know what could change in the coming years...)

Skyblade

You do never know. What are your future plans, then?

Jukka the Sling

I don't know.  Just generic stuff like getting a job, finishing high school, etc. :P  Medical transcription would be a great job because you work from home and make a pretty good amount of money just for typing several hours a day.

Skyblade

Jukka the Sling

But you do have to go through training first, which takes about a... year(?) and costs a couple thousand bucks, I think.  Anyway, I don't know what I wanna do. :P  What job do you want?

rachel25

I've got a load of book work for college that I need to catch up on. Then I've just got to finish my project and be ready for my GCSES by May!
(I'm going to die)

Mhera

@Jukka/Sky: Whatever you guys do, keep writing.

Quote from: Jukka the Sling on December 23, 2015, 02:22:09 AM
@Mhera:  Wow, congrats!  Do you know what you want to major in?
Mechanical or aerospace engineering or kinesiology/health and exercise science/other degree that has the prerequisites for PT school built in.

Though I've said forever that physical therapy is what I want to do, I'm really wavering on it. For one thing, a four year kinesiology degree is basically worthless on its own, so by going into that I'd basically be committing myself to 6-7 years of school and I'm not sure if that's a good idea for me :P There's a few other reasons I'm turning against it, but I'd rather not go into those. (As a side note, I got to shadow a PT last month, and that was extremely informative. I'm also friends with a physician's assistant and have talked to him about that track quite a bit. If you guys are in the least bit interested about some type of work, it's really helpful to seek out someone who does it and talk to them.)

Meanwhile, engineering is something I've got a knack for and have considered in the past, but I brushed it off largely out of respect for one of my brothers. We talked about it, though, and he doesn't mind me going in that direction at all. So I'm currently researching that.

Delthion

I want to go into aerospace engineering! ;D ;D
Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Mhera

It's not... Oh wait, it is rocket science ;D

Søren

Quote from: Mhera on December 23, 2015, 12:56:23 AM
I applied to two colleges and got accepted into both. Neither is anywhere near being a prestigious genius factory, but they'll do ;D

As for current school work, I'm on track to finish up the year (or at least most of it) by the end of next month...

Awesome!

I'm on track to finishing high school by August or September.

I'm retired from the forum