News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

The Academic Thread

Started by Skyblade, January 21, 2015, 02:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What year do you graduate from high school?

Already graduated
6 (20.7%)
2015 (this year)
0 (0%)
2016 (next year)
4 (13.8%)
2017 (etc.)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
3 (10.3%)
4 (13.8%)
After 2020
6 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Mhera

Banya

I haven't even been on break for a week yet.  If you said that to my face I'd throw something in yours.
:)
Really, though, no.  Not ready.  Let me pretend for a while longer to be a human with interests who does things.

Wylder Treejumper

Don't have to go back till the 11th 8)
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Mhera

Quote from: Mhera on December 27, 2015, 02:54:00 PM
Me :P
I take that back. I'm not ready.

@Wylder: When did you get off?

Delthion

Dreams, dreams are untapped and writhing. How much more real are dreams than that paltry existence which we now call reality? How shall we ascend to that which humanity is destined? By mastering the dreamworld of course. That is how, my pupils, that is how.

Banya

I've got your back, Del.  It's the 6th for me.  One week....  My break only began last Monday....

Wylder Treejumper

We got the 18th off and our break goes 'till Jan. 11th. It's a three week break.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Vilu Daskar

14th - probably the 4th for me.
Never trust a smiling pirate.  :D

I can do that because I'm awesome.

"It really gets up my nose when publishers call my book another Lord of the Rings. It's my bloody book! I wrote it. And another thing, I didn't have to plunder Norse and European mythology to do it!" - Brian Jacques.

Skyblade

Here, we can talk about academics and share news!

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Cornflower MM

I'm confused - Are you going to Harvard or not?

Skyblade

To answer your question, probably not for various reasons.

Cornflower MM

Well that's great! At least you get a second chance!

And stop being such a pessimist. Honesty. *Scowls* Do you want to get in or not? Think positive!

Skyblade

That's true. I'm grateful for that.

James Gryphon

This post will make you highly motivated overachievers cringe.

Just took my last test for this semester. I could retake it and the last test, which I got mediocre grades on (a little higher than 80% each), but I don't care enough to bother with it. Final grade for this course (with weighed homework and test scores; .2 for homework, which is 99.9%, .8 for tests, which are denoted by the variable x) is 92.3%; not great, but good enough.

I probably have the best high grade/least work ratio of anyone in the class.
« Subject to editing »

Skyblade

It's amazing that you can pull that off. I actually have to do work :P