News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Cats

Started by James Gryphon, October 18, 2011, 07:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Gryphon

I did a quick search to make sure there wasn't anything related to this topic, and it doesn't seem that there is.

For several years now, since maybe '07, I've been the proud patron of a lovely mackerel tabby. While she's at best temperamental with other people, she really likes me and spends a fair amount of time either in my bed, or in my lap when I'm at the computer. Here's a picture of her here, snuggled up with my blankets:

It's been said that "Dogs pretend that you're perfect, but cats love you in spite of who you are"; with that in mind, and considering that she isn't an especially social cat, it's quite a compliment to me that she likes me so well.

Do any of y'all have cats that are special in your lives?
« Subject to editing »

Matthias720

I had, at one point, three very special kitties in my life. The first one had to be put down due to cancer, the second one has put down due to old age and extreme muscle weakness, and the last one was put down for old age. I miss them dearly, but they live on with me in my heart.

Redwall Musician

I have the most amazing cat ever! I was reading Lord Brocktree when I got him so I named him Brocktree. But now he has so many nicknames. Such as:

Brockers
Brock
Bonkers
Bock

When I first got that tom cat, he caught mice. Now he's fat and lazy. I love him and spoiled him. :D
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Coobreedan

My family had had a cat called Boris for ages, before I was born, but close to my 11th birthday he died. :'(

I now have a ginger maine coon called Biggin,  and he is very nice. This isn't him, but he looks just like this:
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Nightfire

I have two cats in my house. One of them is Blizt, the German word for lightning. Here is a picture of her in one of the rare moments when she is calm:

And here is a picture of my other cat, Peek-A-Boo, who is the King of his domain, and the most regal and handsome cat I know. Please don't ask why he got his name:
Feel free to send me a private message or visit me at my deviantART, FictionPress, or FanFiction accounts. Message me for account links.

Lutra

Achoo....  ;)

Sorry, no cats...allergic to them, plus I can't have pets in the apartment.  I agree that cats do have their own way of behaving when directly compared to a dog.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

rakkety tam

i have a cat a yellow tabby his name is simba but i'm more of a dog person realy but my dogs are so hyper some times simba is a nice change
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Gonff

We have over fifteen cats! Needless to say their not all house cats. Their just barn cats, no special breeds although some of them do have a little bit of Siamese in them. The ones that have Siamese are white with a smattering of orange or gray on their face and tail. We also have several tigers and calicoes. Oh, and a couple black and white ones. We have some that are only a couple weeks old. I'll have to post pictures.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

Mad Maudie

we have  too many

A. Long haired grey maincoon who is on top of the food chain! Smoky (Boy)
A. Short haired Torta-shelle ball of fat who lays around the house and can hardly walk up the stairs! Penny (Girl)
A. Long haired Little Orange tabby kitten who is a crybaby! Demetre (Boy)
A. Long haired Little Torta-shelle who seems lonely! Belle (Girl) (Mine)
A. Short haired Big Grey tabby who you almost never see! Coda (Boy)
A. Short haired Grey tabby who sits on a bench all day! Nora (Girl) (Coda's sister)
A. Short haired black cat who lives outside in the barn! Ninja (Boy)
A. Short haired Grey-ish Brown Tabby who lives in the barn! Comet (Boy)
A. Fuzzy haired old Grey cat who lives outside! Mr. Grey (Boy) (We did not name him :-[)
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Tiria Wildlough

We used to have this really lovely tabby tom who would sit on your lap for ages. We left him when we moved overseas. :'( :'(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

I've always wanted a cat. But my parents do NOT like animals (unless they're fish, which we have WAY too many of...). It was a miracle we got a dog.

If I ever get a kitty, I want one like dis:

"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Log-a-Log

We used to have a black cat named Spooky, but it died when I was younger. I was kind of afraid of it for a while
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Coobreedan

The three forms of Biggin

Evil Form
My cat searches the house for straws and destroys them all.

Annoying Love Form
My cat crawls all over you and dribbles on you. Ew.

Sleep Form
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Tiria Wildlough

My sister and I are now the proud owners of a small tabby kitten named Mousa. He loves hands and feet, and is really playful. (Which can sometimes be annoying.)
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Taggerung The Otter

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on November 14, 2011, 12:06:52 PM
My sister and I are now the proud owners of a small tabby kitten named Mousa. He loves hands and feet, and is really playful. (Which can sometimes be annoying.)

Does he ha' a wee 'ead o' an 'arge 'ead. Es he smart o' nae smart. Does he dislike mousie. 'twil et ken how tae gi'e: BLOOD 'N VINAGAR!!!
For GOD so loved the world he gave his only begotton SON so that whoever belived in him would not parish but live eternal life.

Oh yeah...buitiful verse... :D