News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Favorite Weapon

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 12, 2011, 08:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log a Log Grenn

What's your favorite weapon from Redwall?
Please try and choose something other the the sword of Martin
Mine is probably a mace
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

martins#1fan

Mine is a Dagger ( besides martin's sword. ) Gonff's daggers that is.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Matthias720

It's kinda a toss-up between Cregga's axe-pike and Brocktree's sword. But if I absolutely had to choose, I'd probably choose the sword.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Claymore.

Seriosuly, my absolute favorite weapon ever, mainly Highlander version of the sword. As baskit-hilted swords go, the rapier, naemly longer and sharper the better for my liking, and baskit-hilted claymores are the best ever.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 13, 2011, 01:18:31 AM
Claymore.

Seriosuly, my absolute favorite weapon ever, mainly Highlander version of the sword. As baskit-hilted swords go, the rapier, naemly longer and sharper the better for my liking, and baskit-hilted claymores are the best ever.
I know what you mean. Those Highland weapons are just awesome. I considered at one point getting a dirk to mount on my wall.

Osu

Whaaat, no sword of Martin? :D Alright then, I'll have to say Cregga's axepike, hands down!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: osu on June 13, 2011, 02:44:35 AM
Whaaat, no sword of Martin? :D Alright then, I'll have to say Cregga's axepike, hands down!

She barely used her halberd, at least as a halberd. Just go banging several dozen vermin up as she rushs through a spread of villains, knocking and flailing wildy as she went. Yup, berserk, but nice.

Osu

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 13, 2011, 02:50:09 AMShe barely used her halberd, at least as a halberd. Just go banging several dozen vermin up as she rushs through a spread of villains, knocking and flailing wildy as she went. Yup, berserk, but nice.

That's what made Cregga such an awesome badger lady. Fabulous character, but I'm getting off topic. Now you mention it, considering how she spent most of the book forging it, Cregga really didn't use it all that much...
Still, nice to see something other than a sword, too.

Spring Breeze

"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Mariel

Log a Log Grenn

Lot's of cool weapons here 8)
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Mariel

Well, weapons are a major theme of the Redwall books, I'd say they're almost up there with food.   :)  Weapons say a lot about characters: their strengths, weaknesses, etc.  For example, only an incredibly strong badger could wield a massive battle-axe, and Gorath uses a pitchfork because he's a farmer at heart.

Osu

True! I forgot about Gorath's pitchfork - useful in more ways than one. :D

Let's not forget the myriads of characters who used kitchen knives tied to window poles!

Matthias720

Or Dumble's paddle. Lol

Taggerung_of_Redwall

And the most creative weapon ever used....hotroot pepper bombs!