News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Rogue Crew

Started by Martha Braebuck, June 18, 2011, 08:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Osu on June 19, 2011, 10:44:52 PM
Quote from: Martha Braebuck on June 19, 2011, 03:40:22 PM
yeah, everyone wants to take long because it'll be the last one  :'(

Yes, this exactly. I was so sad while I read it the first time.

why? Is it sad?
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Storm on June 20, 2011, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: Matthias720 on June 19, 2011, 03:38:47 PM
I got The Rouge Crew the day after it came out. Normally, I try to read the latest Redwall book in a single day, but with this being the last one, I read it over the course of about a week. Good book.
I didn't read the last chapter to make it so that there would be something of Brian that I had never read. I agree with your sediment, though.

does that mean you won't read the last chapter??!?!
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Firehawke on June 20, 2011, 07:00:28 PM
I pre-ordered the book off of Amazon.  I've started reading it, but I haven't finished it yet, partly because it's the last one, and partly because I keep getting tons of books from the library

ha ha, I'm like the opposite, when I get Redwall I read until its done!
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Trisscar95

I orderd it online after earning the money for it. It is one of my favorites
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Martha Braebuck

Your lucky, my mom doesn't like ordering things online for me  :'(
~Love, •*Martha*•

to guzzle up my share!"

Osu

Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 21, 2011, 03:10:30 AM
I love the Rogue Crew. And I read the whole thing. Don't think of it as the last book. Just think of it as a work of art. Read it, enjoy it. Brian said in many of his book when a character died, don't let it hold you down. Is that what they would want?

Redwall has not ended. It shall live forever in all our hearts. Redwall is open to all, open wide the gates.

Well said, Musician.

@Martha - not telling! >:3

@Storm - you're not reading the last chapter? :o But won't you die of curiosity until you do? Man, the last chapter is usually the first thing I read. I always spoil books for myself, haha - though I made an effort not to on this one. And I mostly succeeded, too. :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Wot Wot!

Quote from: Osu on June 23, 2011, 10:14:10 PM
Quote from: Redwall Musician on June 21, 2011, 03:10:30 AM
I love the Rogue Crew. And I read the whole thing. Don't think of it as the last book. Just think of it as a work of art. Read it, enjoy it. Brian said in many of his book when a character died, don't let it hold you down. Is that what they would want?

Redwall has not ended. It shall live forever in all our hearts. Redwall is open to all, open wide the gates.

Well said, Musician.

@Martha - not telling! >:3

@Storm - you're not reading the last chapter? :o But won't you die of curiosity until you do? Man, the last chapter is usually the first thing I read. I always spoil books for myself, haha - though I made an effort not to on this one. And I mostly succeeded, too. :D

Last chapter first?!  Ack!  I couldn't do that.  I mean, we KNOW how it ends in a Redwall book, generally (has the villain ever won?  ever?) but I still have to start the beginning and finish at the end.  It's a chronological imperative :-).

Rogue Crew was amazing...pretty violent too, in some parts.  Razzid is one heartless villain...
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Osu

Quote from: Wot Wot! on June 28, 2011, 12:22:26 AM
Last chapter first?!  Ack!  I couldn't do that.  I mean, we KNOW how it ends in a Redwall book, generally (has the villain ever won?  ever?) but I still have to start the beginning and finish at the end.  It's a chronological imperative :-).

Rogue Crew was amazing...pretty violent too, in some parts.  Razzid is one heartless villain...

Yes, or at the very least, the last page. I just can't help myself. XD

It really was a great book, wasn't it? The violence didn't strike me as any worse than the other books, but I must say I loved how Miggory tied Crumdun to him and boxed his bullying otter guards. Fantastic. And they all kept losing their prisoners, what the heck? XD Loved this book. Love, love, love!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Captain Tammo

I finished it yesterday...it....was...AWESOME!!!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Lily

I have decided to re-read the rest of the series and then read The Rogue Crew. It might take me a while, but I'm looking forward to reliving all the old adventures. I started out of order, so I just finished Mossflower and Rakkety Tam.

Galedeep

Still haven't gotten my hands on it yet but i'm looking forward to it!

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Galedeep on June 29, 2011, 05:11:46 AM
Still haven't gotten my hands on it yet but i'm looking forward to it!
It's a good one!! I felt really sad after I finally closed the book  :'( yet also accomplished that I finished a series with 22 books (25 if you count the castaway series) and all of them were 300-400 pages. That's 7500-10,000 pages total!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Shellhound

I still haven't ordered it yet.  It's like I'm saving it for as long as possible.  I know I'll be crying as I read the last page :'(.
Defend the weak, protect both young and old, never desert your friends. Give justice to all, be fearless in battle and always ready to defend the right.
The law of Badger Lords
Lord Brocktree

Log-a-Log

I thought the Long Patrol characters in the Rogue Crew were awesome. I think it was my favorite Long Patrol in all the books
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Redwall Musician

Quote from: Log-a-Log on July 18, 2011, 07:18:04 PM
I thought the Long Patrol characters in the Rogue Crew were awesome. I think it was my favorite Long Patrol in all the books

I know! I love Rake! He was, awesome. So awesome he spoke like a Highlander.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."