"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Luke.

Started by martins#1fan, July 22, 2011, 07:09:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dannflower Reguba

"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

MatthiasMan

No, no, no. They said could've. Thats what I meant on my earlier post, but I put must have. Get it now?

mahoney49733

Quote from: Bragoon on March 30, 2012, 05:23:30 PM
How is Matthias related (in a familial way) to Martin?  Martin had no canonical descendants.

And it couldn't be that Matthias was the first person to wield Martin's sword after Martin himself, because Dandin was.
Oops. You're right.

Jetthebinturong

Quote from: James Gryphon on July 27, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
QuoteMartin Sr?? There is only one Martin.
Actually, no, there isn't just one.

According to Legend of Luke (which I just reread), Luke was descended from an unnamed mouse, who was descended in turn from the legendary Martin the Elder, the first mouse to wield the even more legendary sword.

Thus, the family tree looks like this:
1. Martin the Elder Warrior
2. Unknown
3. Luke the Warrior
4. Martin the Warrior

Martin was named after his great-grandfather.

Actually there are three Martin's
Martin the elder
Martin the warrior
Martin II
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Ajc3000fox

[/quote]

Martin the elder
Martin the warrior
Martin II
[/quote]Its True, martin II being a character in Pearls of Lutra

But besides that, and back on to topic, Luke was epic. He remindes me alot of martin. His feirce ditermination to avenge his wife, and that suicide run into rocks. Very respectable
"The way is dangerous, take this." " A gift? Will it protect me?" No, a sword is never a gift. It only brings death. It is a curse and gives you the duty to defend those who cannot defend themselves. I hope one day you will forgive me."

https://www.facebook.com/RedwallSeries

psybox

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on August 11, 2012, 09:50:32 PM
Quote from: James Gryphon on July 27, 2011, 03:48:54 PM
QuoteMartin Sr?? There is only one Martin.
Actually, no, there isn't just one.

According to Legend of Luke (which I just reread), Luke was descended from an unnamed mouse, who was descended in turn from the legendary Martin the Elder, the first mouse to wield the even more legendary sword.

Thus, the family tree looks like this:
1. Martin the Elder Warrior
2. Unknown
3. Luke the Warrior
4. Martin the Warrior

Martin was named after his great-grandfather.

Martin the elder
Martin the warrior
Martin II
he never actually stated that there are only two martins, he just said there was not just one, he didn't list martin the second because they where talking about the family tree of luke, which  doesn't include martin the second.

Captain Tammo

What would've happened had Luke's wife, Sayna, survived, but many other villagers were still lost? Do you think Luke still would've led an expedition out to defeat Vilu Daskar, or maybe decide to relocate the tribe farther South and away from the shore? Prehaps they would've stumbled upon Badrang's forces, since they probably wouldnt go back to Mossflower, where the wildcats were ruling. What do you think would've happened?
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

MatthiasMan

-Revived-  :D

Luke. . .
Use your sword,
And run.
Go to Mossflowah.
Go to Mossflowah.