Did Redwall teach you any new words?

Started by Osu, July 30, 2011, 02:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 02, 2012, 04:20:05 AM
I learned that a pike is a fish. I thought it was only a weapon. That's why I was confused when it says that Cluny battled with a pike.

Lol!
  Cluny:  I'm going to slap you with my fish!!!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

Quote from: Rainshadow on July 02, 2012, 07:35:36 PM
Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on July 02, 2012, 04:20:05 AM
I learned that a pike is a fish. I thought it was only a weapon. That's why I was confused when it says that Cluny battled with a pike.

Lol!
  Cluny:  I'm going to slap you with my fish!!!
Lol
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Flib Bigboat

I learned a lot of words, but I liked Dibbun, wot wot, and pong. I remember calling my youngest sister a Dibbun. And when I said something about there being an awful pong when we got new mulch for the flowerbeds, Mom had no idea what I was talking about, and I was so used to reading it in the Redwall books I forgot she'd never heard it before. Also, wot wot is a very useful word, wot!
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

Booklover

Vittles.
That score meant 20.
Probably others that I don't know about.
Things to do with weapons and boats, most likely.

Oh, and a few things that aren't technically real words.
Error. Error. Cannot compute.

Flib Bigboat

*thinks about the many times I've called Hazel a halfbaked excuse for a toad, and actually feels bad about it*
At least she always called me names right back, and we both didn't care.
Life is often like pushing a luggage cart through the airport. Sometimes I feel ridiculous, sometimes I look ridiculous, but I just keep pushing that luggage cart, and hoping I'm generally heading in the right direction.
Always keep your word, always finish what you started, and never go unprepared.
In a hole in the ground, there once lived a hobbit.
It's your birthday today, everybeast say hooray, there's a cat licking your birthday cake, it's your birthday today!
Long live the RRR!

clunylooney

I learned Corsair. That's all I remember learning.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me

Ally046

I had a 10th-grade vocabulary when I was 9 years old, and I constantly look up words, even if I kind of know what they mean.

I am kind of obsessive over learning new words, their official definitions, and learning about prefixes and root
  words, and all that.
Cobb, Ember, Nutmeg, Pingvin, Diann, Celest, Cinnabon, Coco