Favourite Redwall Song

Started by DanielofRedwall, June 21, 2011, 11:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanielofRedwall

What is your favourite song from the Redwall series? This includes ones that aren't on the Redwall song cd. My favourite is the one Rose sings to calm the bees down in Martin the Warrior. I also like the one Salixa sings in Eulalia! when they all sit around the campfire. What's yours?
Received mostly negative reviews.

SpringWitch

It's been a while since I've read my Redwall books, and sadly my least favourites had to be relegated to a box under my bed to make room in my non-existent bookshelves, but my absolute favourite song is the one Craklyn and Piknim sing in "The Pearls of Lutra", which is incidentally one of my favourite books in the series. I don't know if it was ever given music, since I live in Australia and didn't know until recently that music had been put with them. I made up my own tune for it after I read the book for the first time. I think I was about nine, and I still remember it now at twenty-two!

Osu

Weeeeell speaking of the Pearls of Lutra, I'll nominate Clecky's hare song for my favorite of the moment. The one where he goes on about how hares are the noblest, something something, with ears that aren't stumpy like a bunny, something something... that one.  :D
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Matthias720

There are so many good ones to choose from! I'll have to give this some consideration.

(15 minutes later)

I guess I'd have to say that song Doogy Plumm sings about going home after a long war campaign/mission is my favorite.

But I also have to give props to Boorab singing "The Battle of the Boiling Water." Makes me cry every time I read it.

DanielofRedwall

Quote from: SpringWitch on June 21, 2011, 01:18:09 PM
It's been a while since I've read my Redwall books, and sadly my least favourites had to be relegated to a box under my bed to make room in my non-existent bookshelves, but my absolute favourite song is the one Craklyn and Piknim sing in "The Pearls of Lutra", which is incidentally one of my favourite books in the series. I don't know if it was ever given music, since I live in Australia and didn't know until recently that music had been put with them. I made up my own tune for it after I read the book for the first time. I think I was about nine, and I still remember it now at twenty-two!
Wooooohoooooo! Another Aussie! I'm an Aussie as well! Which state are you from? I'm from WA

Redwall Musician

My favorite song is the one Basil teaches to Rollo. I made my own tune to it.

"I wrestle a mole and fight a sparrow,
I'd shot a rat with a big ol' arrow!
I'd kill a spider for good old cider!
Gooooood ooolll' ciderrr!"

Oh Rollo's mom was so mad.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Noonvale from Martin the Warrior.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Martha Braebuck

my favourite is probably a song by Dotti from Lord Brocktree, she's sooo funny!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Taggerung_of_Redwall

All previosuly mentioned are awesome. I'm having a 'I love Redwall" moment, or something like that. It dawns on you like that how awesomeful it is.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Wydran Riverpaw

I have only heard a few of the songs from the CD around the internet, but I don't actually own it. However, I love Rose's version of the Noonvale song in the TV version of Martin the Warrior:

QuoteYou will find me at Noonvale
on the side of a hill
when the summer is peaceful and high
where streamlets meander the valley is still
'neath the blue of a calm cloudless sky.

Look for me at dawn
when the earth is asleep
'till each dewdrop is kissed by the day.
'Neath the rowan and alder
a vigil I'll keep
every moment that you are away.

The earth gently turns as the seasons change slowly
all the flowers and leaves born to wane,
Hear my song o'er the lea like the wind soft and lowly
and come back to Noonvale again.

Yes I just typed that all from memory... :D

Osu

Quote from: Matthias720 on June 21, 2011, 02:25:56 PM
But I also have to give props to Boorab singing "The Battle of the Boiling Water." Makes me cry every time I read it.
Oh, I love that one! Cregga.  :'(

Quote from: Wydran Riverpaw on June 22, 2011, 02:33:15 AM
Yes I just typed that all from memory... :D
WHOA. I tip my hat to you, sir/miz.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

DanielofRedwall

Some amazing songs being mentioned here...

SpringWitch

Quote from: DanielofRedwall on June 21, 2011, 02:49:25 PM
Wooooohoooooo! Another Aussie! I'm an Aussie as well! Which state are you from? I'm from WA
[/quote]

lol I'm from SA

DanielofRedwall

Croweater hey?
Do you like AFL?(sorry, i had to ask that, I'm obsessed with it! GO WEST COAST!)

SpringWitch

hahaha sorry, not a AFL fan, my dad's a major Crows supporter though.