News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How did you first find out about Redwall?

Started by Matthias720, June 10, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psybox

my brother.  not much else to say. (on topic, that is)

Redwaller

I found out when i was at my friend's house.
Ssssoooo goooood  ;D

Bragoon

When I was little, my mom bought the first one after hearing that they were really good (I still haven't read that copy, by the way.  :P)  Then, almost ten years later, my best friend recommended them to me.  Then one of my brothers started to read them, and THEN I tried them. 
"For the whole Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable to to teach, to convince, to correct, and to instruct in righteousness." - II Timothy 3:16

Bluefire

I found out about it 2 years ago. I used to love WarriorsCats(not anymore though) and my librarian suggested Redwall since the two series are so similar. But I only really got into the Redwall a few months ago.

rose16

I was wandering round my library one day when I spotted the Redwalls. I picked one up, started reading and literally had to get it out. I've been hooked ever since! :)

Redwallfan7

Same! Also, animal books are my favorite. I think animals understand you  better than people do.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Ungatt Trunn

I started reading the Redwall series shortly after I finished reading the Cooper kids adventure series by Frank.E.Perreti. I was wondering what I shoud read next when mom got me Redwall to read. She was suggested of it on facebook, and she thought I shoud try it out. at first I wasn't
shure if I was gouing to like it. but after I read the first ten chapters...WAMMOH :o! It became the best book that I ever read (at the time, I didn't know that there were other Redwall books. Right now my favorite book is Martin the Warrior)! I'v been hooked to the Redwall series ever since ::).

Life is too short to rush through it.

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Redwallfan7 on May 17, 2012, 12:50:00 AM
Same! Also, animal books are my favorite. I think animals understand you  better than people do.
Oh, THANK YOU! Someone FINALLY gets it.

Redwallfan7

Your welcome, I'm glad we both agree  :)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

redwallforever

It happened much like Matthias: one day, I stumbled across the animated movie Redwall (the TV series, but they stuck the episodes and a little short). I loved it so much I watched every time that I fell over. Dust and one day in the library, flipping through the HUGE book of "1001 story he must have read to grow", I fall on Redwall! I look at whether it is in the library: there is!
At first I just wanted to read it and remember the movie that I loved, but now I'm totally a fan!

VIVE REDWALL
you broke his bell!
-Yes,Cornflower,hopefully ...
The abbey of Redwall Abbey is an eternal, that will always rise in honor of all those who lived.As archivists Redwall say: "Come in, we welcome you."

Tungro

My siblings introduced me to the TV show and after seeing it a few times I got a hold of the books.

The Grey Coincidence

I was writing a fanfic about a magic fox... lo and behold I spotted a book in the school library... about magic foxes... Intrigued I took it home. The rest as they say, is unecessary verbiage.
Profile by the wonderful Vizon.

Also, behold this shiny medal! How I got it is a secret...

Also, also, I am running fanfic conteeeeeests!

One-Eye the wildcat

So I was at a bar (my friend lets me in since his parents work there) reading warrior cats when this girl (about 20ish) asked what I was reading. I told her, and she reccomended Redwll. I bought the book, and didn't read it until about two years later. Then I discovered fanfiction, and the rest is history
"What will become of us? Where will we go, we who wander this vast wasteland in search of our better selves?"

"Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos."
Long live the RRR!!

MathLuk

I happened upon a Mouse Guard book in a library. A bit of online research followed and I tumbled into Redwall Abbey.
By what strange trick of fate do our paths cross anew?

Link to the Redwall Readership Restorers: https://discord.gg/frYkSzE

shisteer of nothing much

My family have had the books for years and I've always had them on my to-read list, but never actually got round to reading them. Then one day I got a message on fanfiction.net from a random guy asking if I'd read the Redwall books. That was the beginning of a very long conversation in which we talked about things and I helped name his rabbit, then he gave me the silent treatment for about a month, in which time I decided I should probably read the books. I looked up on google which order to read them in and started on Lord Brocktree. I finished that and gave it to my friend, who wanted to read them. We had two copies of Martin the Warrior and Mossflower but only one copy of The Legend of Luke so it was a race between us to see who'd get to read it first. I won and we all lived happily ever after. (except my friend, who was slightly less happy)
    I have a shiny thing! See?

And another shiny thing:

And also some random, unnecessary coding.[/li][/list]

Long live the RRR!