News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

How did you first find out about Redwall?

Started by Matthias720, June 10, 2011, 09:09:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coobreedan

I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Mad Maudie

my friend told me about them i had heard of them before that but had so many other books on the waiting list then when my best and only friend  ;) started i started and i read them all in one fall but had to wait for the last one to come out
Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly and I don't know why
If our love's tragedy why are you my remedy?
If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?
Why are you my clarity?

~Clarity~~Zedd~

Skalrag of Marshank

Heehee. Nice story, Coobreedan. Can't believe you remember it that well...

Well, one day (I think I was in the third grade) my mom, my brothers, and my sister and I went to the library. I was hanging around my mom, holding my books (probably Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots, or something of that nature) and she withdrew a DVD from the New Arrivals shelf. It looked like this:

I was like "Awwww! It's a widdle mouse!" And my sister was like "Ew. What is that ugly brown thing?"

And, so, we brought it home (I remember it was Winter...) We popped the disc in the player, and watched.

From the second I saw Cluny the Scourge on his hay cart, I thought, "Man, this is gonna be EPIC." We watched it as a family, two episodes a night. (I clearly remember the Asmodeus episode; I went to bed with nightmares of gigantic snakes after my dad chased me up the stairs hissing"Asmodeusssssssssssss..."

So, I love animals, always have, and I think that fueled on my Redwall obsession. I always watched in my pink bathrobe and sandals, so I could be "just like Matthias". I did it while reading my first Redwall book, too.

I borrowed Redwall from a Redwall fan from our church; It took me about a month to finish it, but when I was done, I was disappointed that it was over.

Then I found out it was a series.
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lilly of Redwall

My brother had been reading the books and he said they were really good. I thought they wouldn't be so I didn't start reading them. I probably couldn't understand them at the time anyways. So, one day in 5th grade, one our 1st class trip to the library, I couldn't find a book to read. I wandered around until I came to the Redwall section. I looked through the books and checked out Mattimeo. And that was the start of my love for Redwall. 
Redwall forever!!!

Shinella

My brother was reading the book at the time, and he got me The Great Feast from the library. I simply fell in love with Redwall and have read its books ever since!!! :D
Yesterday is history... Tomorrow is a mystery... Today is a gift... and that's why its called - The Present...

Tiria Wildlough

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on September 27, 2011, 12:23:25 AM

Well, one day (I think I was in the third grade) my mom, my brothers, and my sister and I went to the library. I was hanging around my mom, holding my books (probably Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots, or something of that nature) and she withdrew a DVD from the New Arrivals shelf. It looked like this:

I was like "Awwww! It's a widdle mouse!" And my sister was like "Ew. What is that ugly brown thing?"

And, so, we brought it home (I remember it was Winter...) We popped the disc in the player, and watched.

From the second I saw Cluny the Scourge on his hay cart, I thought, "Man, this is gonna be EPIC." We watched it as a family, two episodes a night. (I clearly remember the Asmodeus episode; I went to bed with nightmares of gigantic snakes after my dad chased me up the stairs hissing"Asmodeusssssssssssss..."

So, I love animals, always have, and I think that fueled on my Redwall obsession. I always watched in my pink bathrobe and sandals, so I could be "just like Matthias". I did it while reading my first Redwall book, too.

I borrowed Redwall from a Redwall fan from our church; It took me about a month to finish it, but when I was done, I was disappointed that it was over.

Awesome story. My story is boring. :D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Coobreedan

Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on September 27, 2011, 12:23:25 AMI was like "Awwww! It's a widdle mouse!" And my sister was like "Ew. What is that ugly brown thing?"

Hahahaha! Yeah, I said in another topic that Cluny was ugly in the TV show.
I won't be on this forum much anymore, but I'll pop in to say hi every now and then.

Log-a-Log

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on October 01, 2011, 03:53:28 AM
Quote from: Skalrag of Marshank on September 27, 2011, 12:23:25 AM

Awesome story. My story is boring. :D
Yeah, I read the first Redwall book and didn't know there was a series too. O was happily surprised when I found out
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

yeswonderful

I got into Redwall late in the game compared to many. It wasn't until middle school, 6th or 7th grade I think, that a friend of mine finally convinced me to read them. I have her to thank for who I am today (and not just for getting me to read Redwall).
Like pirates? Want to be a classy vermin who wears a cravat and sails the high seas? Enjoy writing? Join the VI! http://rovl.org/vi
VI movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD-1Q0htbfk&feature=youtu.be

rakkety tam

i was just looking in my library and found it i quickly got into after the fisrt one
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

WildDoogyPlumm

The funny thing is that I would always avoid that part of my school's library because the Redwall books were so big and intimidating.
But one day, I was looking through my fifth grade teacher's books, in baskets in the back of the room, searching for something to read.  I came upon a book that caught my eye.  It was purple on the edges of the cover, with yellow on the inside, and a mouse with a sword on the front, and the word "Redwall".  There was no blurb and the text was tiny, but I thought I'd give it a try.
That was when I became a Redwall addict.
"Guid warriors cannae rest 'til those dirty slayers are paid out in steel for their crimes, ye ken?" - Doogy

MatthiasMan

I found out about Redwall for the summer reading list at my school. When I read it I was so sad it was over. Then I found out that one of my brothers and one of my sisters read Redwall. I didn't think they liked it as much as i did though.

Ceteruler

I read Loamhedge first for no apparent reason, but I thought the cover read Isoamhedge, so I was confused. Needless to say I eventually figured it out and fell in love with Redwall.

Redwallfan7

I would have never discovered it if I hadn't stumbled across the Redwall series in the library.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

slmerlinfan

I went into my local library and saw quite a few Redwall books on display and I read the back of them and decided that I wanted to read them.Never looked back since.