News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Illustrations

Started by Tiria Wildlough, August 10, 2011, 01:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutra

Am I the only one who really thought the covers of the first US print editions were pretty cool, and didn't really care for the chapter illustrations?  For some reason, I just never warmed up to the chapter illustrations...some looked really weird, and not how I'd picture it.

(I'm a tad critical having read the Mistmantle Chronicles and seeing the chapter art for those books.  Makes Redwall look like a kid did the drawings in some cases if you compared the two.)
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Skalrag of Marshank

I'm not a huge fan of the chapter illustrations, either...I just skim through the pictures before reading the book...
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Lily

I quite like the chapter illustrations, in particular David Elliot's work. You can see some of his Redwall stuff at his website.

Tiria Wildlough

I love David Elliot's work! ;D
^^That picture is from Doomwyte, isn't it? Or High Rhulain?
He was the one who illustrated High Rhulain, Doomwyte, Rakkety Tam, and Eulalia. Am I right? ???
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Yes and yes! The picture is from High Rhulain, and David Elliot illustrated High Rhulain, Doomwyte, Rakkety Tam, and Eulalia. The wiki says he also illustrated the anniversary edition of Mossflower, Loamhedge and Triss.

Check out this apparently unpublished image from Mossflower.

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Matthias720

Quote from: Lily on August 15, 2011, 09:52:01 AM
Check out this apparently unpublished image from Mossflower.
I just found my new desktop wallpaper.

Log-a-Log

That is an awesome picture
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart

Skalrag of Marshank

Whoa, I like that one!
  ~ Larry Boy

Tiria Wildlough

Ooh, classy! ;D
I found my desktop wallpaper too. :)
I'm not a hipster.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Zae na' there'z the opportunity tae create an Ashleg's Cloak card fer me card game. Wonderful!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Tiria Wildlough

Those illustrations are pure awesomeness! ;D
Tsarmina terrorizing Ferdy and Coggs:

Also Lonna Bowstripe:

I especially like this one of Lady Kaltag. ;D
I'm not a hipster.

Skalrag of Marshank

Quote from: Tiria Wildlough on August 21, 2011, 05:44:38 AM
Those illustrations are pure awesomeness! ;D
Tsarmina terrorizing Ferdy and Coggs:

Ooh, I like that one!
  ~ Larry Boy

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Ah awwayz liked tha' scene.
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Log-a-Log

Wow, that is an awesome picture
I know you can fight William, but its our wits that make us men. - Malcolm Wallace, from Braveheart