News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Life of Brian - Radio Special

Started by Matthias720, August 28, 2011, 06:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

So the radio special on Brian Jacques' life just finished. I listened to the whole thing, and I have to say, it's a wonderful tribute to his life and legacy. Nothing too in depth, but it does cover a large part of his personal life.

Did anyone else tune in, and what did you think of it?

Skalrag of Marshank

Oh darn, I wish I could have listened to it. :-\
"With great chocolate comes great responsibility."
  ~ Larry Boy

Matthias720

DanielofRedwall

Will they put a link up on the wiki so you can listen to the whole thing without having to listen to it live? If you know what I mean...
Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

I'm not awake the time they broadcast.  :(  Maybe someone will post a transcript or the audio for those that aren't up and about when it goes on air.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

I'll try to record it on Wednesday. The key word here being "try"; no guarantees.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Hehe. I didn't make yesterday's broadcast. Last week I tried to get something together for Wednesday to record it, but let's just say that FAILED. HORRIBLY.
So don't expect one from me.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Osu

Ohh, here's another hoping desperately for a recording of sorts. =x
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

They're streaming it here for the next five days. I was going to listen to it at work but I got all teary, so I think I'll wait 'till I get home!

Dawnwing

Aww, I'm starting it right now.  It's really quite something to hear the clips of him, hear his voice again; it's so familiar from the audiobooks, but it's also very different since he's not reading from a book. Thanks for the link!

DanielofRedwall

Received mostly negative reviews.

Lutra

Thanks for the link. :)  I'll get to it when I get home from work.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Matthias720

Thanks for the link. :)

For posterity, I'm recording it. If anyone is interested in the MP3 when it's finished, just let me know, and I'll see about uploading it to MediaFire, or someplace like that.

Osu

Lily, thank you so much for that link! Matthias, I am definitely interested in a download afterwards. :)
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Lily

I also recorded it, but the sound is rather tinny. I tried multiple times and failed to download the audio directly.

I listened to it all last night, and I thought it was a very fitting tribute.  I loved the anecdotes his friends and family had to say about him, it gave a wonderful insight into his life and what he was like as a young man.