News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is your favorite book

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Log a Log Grenn

So basically what is your favorite Redwall book?
Mine is The Taggerung
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

Taggerung_of_Redwall

I'd say impossible. They're all awesome
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Log a Log Grenn

Well then what one do you find yourself reading the most?
The question above is for people who can't think of a favorite

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 11, 2011, 06:00:20 PM
I'd say impossible. They're all awesome
Agreed. While I enjoy some of them more than others, they all hold special memories for me.

But if I had to choose, I think I'd say the original Redwall is the most special to me.

Log a Log Grenn

The first Redwall book I hate to say was least favorite book :-[
Sorry

martins#1fan

Martin the warrior because of :
Martin and his friends
Grumm
Battle of Marshank
The food
Martin's skill with a sword
And finally..... Because Martin finally gets his sword back.I feel like this book was written for me.
Not too much battle but not too much party and celebration.
Reallllllllllllly love this book.
LateRose is locked up in Martin's heart, and there she's bound to stay.

Bananagirl

well he was just figuring out the world of redwall in the first book, you can definitely see the changes in his writing as time goes by, as for me i think the book i find my self readying the most would be Mariel of Redwall, i love storm gullwhacker and then Mariel, it is one of my favorites, but all the books are soooooo good

Spring Breeze

I would have to say Pearls of Lutra (for all the riddles :D) or Loamhedge because its the one that makes me cry the most.
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Pearls of Lutra was brilliant. Reading it, I wanted to go and make myself a crew of sea-going goodbeasts, mainly otters.

Of course, now the Rogue Crew is out, so that actually happened. Need to get that book...
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away

Spring Breeze

I just ordered Rouge Crew yesterday!!!!!  I can't wait for it to get here!
"Oh, golly.  Old Log-a-Thing's fallen over."
--Trubbs, "Mossflower"

Trisscar95

I think my favorit book is either, Triss or Mossflower.
'Twixt leaning ash and poison gold,
Trisscar Swordmaid, look, behold,
What is sought by everyone.
Now! Ere high noon light moves on.'

Mariel

I think my favorite book is Lord Brocktree.  This might seem strange, but the reason I like it so much is because I like the names of the books.  I think they might have been changed as several editions of Lord Brocktree was published; in any case there are two titles for each book in my edition.  The first is a broad, traditional name for a Redwall book, one that centers around Brocktree himself or the world of Redwall in general.  The second is completely about Dotti, who is a very minor character and scarcely holds a place in Salamandastron history.  For example, the last book is entitled "Comes a Badger Lord" but also "A Shawl for Aunt Blench".  I love that!!

Twilight Shadow

Typically my favorite book is the one I pick up and read. :D
Otherwise I would have to say I find myself reading Taggerung or Mossflower.

Mariel

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 11, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
Pearls of Lutra was brilliant. Reading it, I wanted to go and make myself a crew of sea-going goodbeasts, mainly otters.

Of course, now the Rogue Crew is out, so that actually happened. Need to get that book...

Rogue Crew is awesome!! I am so mad at myself because I read it way too fast and now the series is over... :( 

Log a Log Grenn

I'm going to order The Rogue Crew in a few years so I don't have to read the last Redwall book for ages
Does anybody know if there going to make English covers for The Sable Queen and The Rogue Crew?