News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

What is your favorite book

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthias720

Quote from: Taggerung_of_Redwall on June 11, 2011, 09:30:13 PM
Pearls of Lutra was brilliant. Reading it, I wanted to go and make myself a crew of sea-going goodbeasts, mainly otters.
Pearls of Lutra is definitely one of my top 5 "Most Frequently Read" Redwall books. I like the casual attitude it was written with. It almost says "Hey, here's an adventure, but don't rush through it; savor the moment."

Log a Log Grenn

Pearls of Lutra is my 2nd favorite 8)
Redwall is the best thing that ever happened to me

daskar666

I like all of them but my favorite is either Mattimeo, Salamandastron or Long Patrol.
I liked how Mattimeo introduced a new major villain in each book, there are 2 major conflicts resulting in a double final battle, plus Slagar doesn't die until after the final battle.
Salamandastron had a very multilayered structure with 5 or 6 plotlines, Feragho was a bad*** villain, and there were a LOT of deaths. Plus it's a bit of a tragic ending. (Urthstripe's life story: parents killed, separated from brother, daughter runs away, fatally injured, and kills himself w/ feragho just as he was about to be reunited with his family.)
In long patrol, I liked how there were 3 armies meeting at one point and epic battle ensued (plus Damug actually won the final battle before being pwnt by Cregga).

Log a Log Grenn

Salamandastron used to be my favorite it's now my 4
I've read all of the books up to the Taggerung and here's my list in order of favorites
1. The Taggerung
2. The Pearls of Lutra
3. Outcast of Redwall
4. Salamandastron
5. Martin the Warrior
6. The Legend of Luke
7. Mattimeo
8. Mossflower
9. The Bellmaker
10. Mariel of Redwall
11. Marlfox
12. The Long Patrol
13. Lord Brocktree
14. Redwall

I think all the books are BRILLIANT but some are better then others

Osu

Another one for the "I love them all!" crowd here. :D

Just to throw titles out there, I'll say The Rogue Crew or The Pearls of Lutra are two of my absolute favorites.
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

Log a Log Grenn

The Rogue Crew sounds very good

Mariel

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 13, 2011, 03:28:16 PM
The Rogue Crew sounds very good

I liked it but I think my expectations were just a little too high...check out my post in the "Unpublished Work" section if you really care that much.

Log a Log Grenn

I really want it to come out in the UK and Ireland as shops around here don't stock it :'(

Mariel

Quote from: Log a Log Grenn on June 13, 2011, 04:04:28 PM
I really want it to come out in the UK and Ireland as shops around here don't stock it :'(

That's so weird, I live in the US and it's in my local bookstore.  Plus I live in a reasonably small town!

Log a Log Grenn

They only released it in America you can't even buy The Sable Queen
I may have to order it off Amazon.co.uk
I have no idea why they only released it over there seeing as Brian was English

Matthias720

Log a Log Grenn

No I think it's American,I'll have to go and check.
The books are also cheaper off Amazon.

Osu

Wait, the Rogue Crew wasn't released in England? :O
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.

TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe

My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think books can be best compared to good bottles of root beer. If a book is full of bubbles than it can be too painful, and if it is too sweet it can give you a headache. But if you find that perfectly balanced root beer, you will want it in something as big as a goblet- so obviously Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my favorite book.

Taggerung_of_Redwall

Quote from: TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe on June 13, 2011, 11:21:03 PM
My favorite book is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I think books can be best compared to good bottles of root beer. If a book is full of bubbles than it can be too painful, and if it is too sweet it can give you a headache. But if you find that perfectly balanced root beer, you will want it in something as big as a goblet- so obviously Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my favorite book.

@TinaFey123/Tomthetomatoe: This topic is not for your favorite general book. This topic relates to Redwall specifically. I'd recommend copying your post, posting it in the thread for favorite of all books which presently exists, and deleting the current as it is off-topic.
Start building something beautiful and just put the hate away