"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

What is your favorite book

Started by Log a Log Grenn, June 11, 2011, 05:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Personally I can't choose one, but I have to say the my top favourite two are:
Martin the Warrior - 1st book of the series I ever read
Marlfox - Good plot, great characters, especially liked the Marlfoxes (Especially Mokkan)
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

Superdreuzel

Mossflower. It was the first one I read, and read the most. Mariel is a close second though.
Still working on reading them all. Have read around 10/12 now.
Hmm ... Dolohov ...

Wot Wot!

I got into Redwall late, so I'm still enjoying the fact that I have 7 more of the books to read.  I was reading them in publication order up to The Legend of Luke, but started to skip around a bit (for example, I just finished Rogue Crew).  I have to say my favorite so far is The Long Patrol.  I guess you could tell from my name that I'm partial to the hares  :), but I found that in that book my favorite character was Finnbar Galedeep, the sea-rovin' sea otter.
All you cowards of the land and flotsam of the sea
Who murder, pillage, loot whene'er  you please
There's a Long Patrol a waitin', we'll greet you cheerfully,
You'll hear us cry 'Eulalia' on the breeze.

Mariel

I read the series out of order for the first time, too: just however they happened to be arranged on my library's shelves.  I read them in publication order when I started to collect them.

Redwall Musician

I've only read the books once. Sorry for the people in England. Here in America in my state the Rogue Crew came out the 3rd of May. I was the first person to get it at my library. But I waited 2 weeks. Anyway I finished it. My favorites are:

Lord Brocktree (love Dotti. I even named my cat that I got Lord Brocktree)
Long Patrol

But I'm not really sure. I have to say Peals of Luta was good. And Rogue Crew. Sable Queen, Redwall, and Eulialia.
..."Where courage hides within the shawdows, patience within the storms, friendship in around every corner, and inspiration just outside your window."

Lily

Mossflower was the first one I read, and it's still my favourite. I just re-read it last week. I love the riddles and the questing... and I especially love Gonff. "Er, aha ha. Hello, mateys, I was flying my cloud, you see..."

Martha Braebuck

As said, all of the Redwall books are awesome!
But I have to say my favourite EVER is......
THE LEGEND OF LUKE!!!!!
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

DanielofRedwall

Well, Outcast of Redwall had the best characters with Skarlath and Sunflash, but the story line was a bit dull. Martin the Warrior had good characters and storyline, so that's up there. I think it's between Martin the Warrior, Mossflower, Redwall, the Rogue Crew or The Pearls of Lutra.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Silas

I have to say I liked Doomwyte because it had lots of action and less parties. When there are too many parties it gets boring.

Martha Braebuck

Quote from: Silas on June 19, 2011, 02:17:43 PM
I have to say I liked Doomwyte because it had lots of action and less parties. When there are too many parties it gets boring.

they aren't bad, I just enjoy how Brian was so descriptive on describing the food!!!  ;D
~Love, •*Martha*•

Whoohahahahooh!! ~Hon Rosie's awesome laugh!

"Fate 'n fortune smile on us,
and of this crew take care,
but let no greedy robber try,
to guzzle up my share!"

Matthias720

*Matthias720 salivates at the thought of Redwall vittles*

Tiria Wildlough

My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Gonff

It is so hard to choose!!
Mine is probably Mossflower. Pearls of Lutra is a close second.
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to a garage makes you an automobile.--Billy Sunday

James Gryphon

Probably Mossflower, followed closely by Redwall, Outcast of Redwall, and The Long Patrol.
« Subject to editing »

Captain Tammo

The Long Patrol!!!! That and The Legend of Luke both INCREDIBLE books! I've read both multiple times
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior