Commentary on the Book Rakkety Tam

Started by Wylder Treejumper, September 17, 2016, 07:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clunylooney

Rakkety Tam was a little bit of a disappointment. It was good but I had been told it was one of the best when I don' think it was. People said it brought Redwall back, and while I think it did definitely call back to some of the early classic while still having the newish flare to Redwall, I don't think it's even much better than Loamhedge, the book right before it. I think one thing i owuld have preferred, was if it took place in winter. It felt weird to have winter animals in the summer and it be just like nearly every other book surroundings wise. I think that a winter setting would have made it blend better for me. It also didn't add much with characters. I feel like the main characters, (besides Rakkety Tam and Wild Doogy Plum who were fantastic) were actually worse than the characters in Loamhedge. And the side villains weren't that interesting to me. Gulo was a great villain. Never before had we had a villain as scary in a certain way that Gulo was. His brute strength and ruthlessness were great, you never knew if any of his followers would die or not. Anyway, not a bad book by any means, just not the lassic everyone says it is, at least IMO.
"ABSOFLIPPINLUTELY" - Me