News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Ranger's Adventure

Started by Redwaller, June 07, 2012, 10:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwaller

kk. could you give me the plot? I would like to read it.

Skyblade

Huh? Are you talking about my fanfiction now because I don't the whole plot of your story.

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Redwaller

I mean what do you think is the plot?

Skyblade

It sounds like a bunch of creatures going to different places and fighting villians....? Can't really tell right now

Redwaller

Did you read the DEMO? It's a little similar to this one.

Skyblade

No, I didn't even know there is a demo.....you seem kinda mad at me. Sorry!

Redwaller

I'm not mad, it's just that the name is DEMO The Ranger's Adventure.  :D

Skyblade

Oh, lol sorry. I thought you capatilized it cause you were mad. I'll read the demo, but where is it?

Redwaller

I think it's on the second page. If it's not, make a research.

Redwaller

Chapter 4

A Stolen Treasure

The Nighthaunter entered the room. “What d’yew want?” It asked in a muffled voice. It was garbed in a black cloak, it had black gloves and black boots, a mask covered half of it’s face, snow white fur covering the rest of the face. Rofnard walked behind his throne. “I want you to do something for me!” The Nighthaunter shifted. “And what is the task?” Rofnard opened a secret panel and picked something from inside. “Here’s what i want you to do...” Night was falling as the two figures conversed silently.

Night had fallen over the Abbey, and everybeast slept peacefully in the dormitories. All but one. Maximus sat on his bed, pondering about the days events. Outside, a shadow  walked silently in the woods,  he stopped close to the wall taking a three-pronged hook from his belt, and threw it expertly. He was rewarded with a satisfactory clang. He tested the ropes solidity before he scaled up the wall. Once on the battlements he stopped, listening to the night’s sounds. After making sure he was alone, he hid his hook in the battlements and descended the east stairs. Instead of going inside the Abbey, he walked towards the newly built Warrior’s Cottage. He stooped by the door and opened slowly, carefully. He poked his head inside, taking in the surroundings. He slipped inside and walked towards the wall at the far end of the cottage. He inched close to it and looked up at the sword resting on a wooden shelf. He  then looked at the sleeping warrior and took a little pouch from his haversack. He took a pinch from it and sprayed it on the warrior’s face. He then turned to the wall and took the sword down.

Meanwhile, Maximus was walking down the stairs towards Great Hall. He slipped towards the door and  walked outside towards the outer walls. The Nighthaunter was out too, and walking in the same direction as Maximus. The night was dark and moonless, Maximus started walking up the stairs when somebeast bumped into him, making them roll down the stairs. Maximus got up first and was about to jump on the beast when a knife buried itself inb his side, making him screech out with pain. The Nighthaunter jumped upright and ran up to the battlements, wild cries ringing in his ears. He attached the sword securely to his back before he slipped down the rope. Skipper and his crew were up on the walls, each armed either with a bow or a sling. “Fire!” A volley of deadly shafts flew either side of the Nighthaunter. One of them managed to make it’s way to the running form and buried in his shoulder. The Nighthaunter continued on running through the woods.

Skipper ran down the wall and stopped next to Maximus, issuing out orders. “Taggalott, take a score of the best runners and catch that beast! Waterlily, go and reassure the Redwallers. The rest of you, go and patrol the grounds.” She then turned to Maximus and took out her pouch of herbs. “What happened Max?”  Maximus was in great pain, but managed to rasp out the event. “I was walking outside towards the walls, when something bumped into me. I got up first and was about to pounce on it when he buried his knife into me.” 
“Did you see who it was?” Maximus shook his head feebly. “It wore a black cloak, making it almost invisible. I couldn’t catch a glimpse of it.” Skipper tied the poultice solidly to his side and took him in her arms. “I’ll take you to the infirmary, sleep now.” She had barely finished speaking that Maximus went limp.

Redwaller

Starting on chapter 5.

PS: I'm desperately(;)) looking for someone to help me with the Fanfic. PM me for more information. Thank you.

redwallgurl

Well its good and everything except for the fact that you mentioned early that the sword was under the warriors bed adn when Maximus came to get it, it was on a wooden shelf.
Fun. is a fantastic band.

Snowwolf

The story is pretty good so far but there are a few grammatical errors and there needs to be more detail. The storyline is very good!
"Weapons may be carried by creatures who are evil, dishonest, violent or lazy. The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds.
- Matthias from "Mattimeo

Redwaller

Yeah... For grammatical errors just point them out to me please. And I'm working on the detail stuff.

Leatho Shellhound

Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner