News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Summer 2015 Fanfiction Awards

Started by Captain Tammo, July 30, 2015, 05:27:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyblade

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Jukka the Sling

Thanks so much!  Can't believe I won out of the contenders for the Atypical Award! :D

(Quick question: my fanfic The Tale of the Blademaster has the [SPOILER], [ACTION], and [ADVENTURE] tags, but it wasn't listed as a contender for those awards.  Was it forgotten?)
"The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." ~J.R.R. Tolkien

The Skarzs

(Those were the ones nominated by the judges for the award, and the judges whittled the choices down to one. Yours was simply not nominated for that award.)
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

cairn destop

OOC:   probably last post but what the hey.

A tall vixen rose, strolled down the aisle and approached the MC.

"For obvious reasons, our former Father Abbot cannot come up, but I shall accept in his place and offer his best wishes to those authors not yet recognized to continue writing.  The cream always rises and the next contest may well see your works nominated."

With award in paw, she exits the stage and returns to her elderly patient.  Sad to say, the old fellow slept through the entire ceremony.
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

Gonff the Mousethief

In a fashion similar to the Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland, Gonff returned to the stage, realizing he was late once more.
"Sorry for the delay folks! Time got away for me! Anyway, we are down to the final two awards, so stay tuned in for the final one later tonight! Now, back to the award. The One I will be presenting tonight is the Summer 2015 Best Fanfiction! This is the award which every fanfiction strives for. A high price is set on an achievement, and these nominees truly have shown their best to receive it. Now, here are the works which were written to perfection.

Blackness, by Something Horrifying
"There was a brief silence before her new companion replied, "Eh, me name's not important, ain't nobeast called me by it in ages any'ow." Lavender thought she detected a bit of a smile in his voice as he continued, "Just call me Cap'n."

The Plague, by Captain Tammo
"The traveller paused a bit before answering proudly. "My name is Dassiter De Fformelo Tussock, Admiral of the Mossflower Navy and Long Patrol hare of the great mountain fortress, Salamandastron."

Meeting in the Sunny Glades, W0NWILL
"At the meeting of the sunny glades,

Many warriors laid down their blades.

They have gathered as one,

Once their lives' journeys were done."

Dusktail , Darkenmal
"A great battle had been fought here, but when or for what reason, the Fox did not know. Moving quickly, he jogged to the top of a hill that appeared in front of him."

Youthful Disclosure, Carin  Destop
"A great battle had been fought here, but when or for what reason, the Fox did not know. Moving quickly, he jogged to the top of a hill that appeared in front of him."

"The Outlander", SandyB
"Massive pennants and banners, scrawled in their native language fluttered on the sea breeze. Claw breathed the sea air deeply before addressing his horde.

"A Change of Habits", Carin Destop
"With his eyes still closed, Knobbick did not realize the exact moment when the old Abbot withdrew.  He opened his eyes to the essence of Redwall. "

And Now, the Fanfiction voted best this Summer,

Gonff opened the envelope,
Spoiler

The Plague, by Captain Tammo!
[close]

The Mosue clapped very hard as he returned to his seat more calmly than before.
I want the world of Tolkien,
The message of Lewis;
The adventure of Jacques,
And the heart of Milne.
But I want the originality of me.

Skyblade

"Of course! Kudos, Captain Tammo!" Skyre clapped and even jumped a little in place.

Captain Tammo

"I would like to take a minute to thank my fellow judges for this one. We were not allowed to submit votes for our own works, so it's a real pleasure to see that people truly enjoyed reading this one!

I am blown away at the response the 'Simon' trilogy has received on this forum... I can still remember writing the very first sentence, which would take me on one of the greatest personal journeys I've ever been on. Any time I had a bad day or was feeling stressed, I found that my characters were all waiting for me in Mossflower country, and so I kept adventuring with them until I ended up with a few stories under my belt. Of the whole trilogy, The Plague was probably my favorite journey to be a part of. It was something that I felt really brought my adventures with characters like Leonardo and Dassiter to a satisfying close.

To see all this hard work be recognized by others as a Fanfiction favorite genuinely blows me away. I could not be more happy with how things have played out. So from the bottom of my heart, I want to give the biggest of thank-you's to the members of the Fanfiction community!"
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Skyblade

"That was a nice speech!" Skyre commented out loud. She then took another bite of a pastry she had gotten from somewhere.

Gonff the Mousethief

After the applauding, Marshall the blue fox rose and went up to the stage.
"'Ight every beast! This here is the final award! It is the most prized, honorable, and successful award anyone 'ere can receive, and that is the one and only Brian Jacques Award! An Author's dream this is. All o' the writers who entered here work very heard on their fan fictions, but those who lean a helping hand to others, give 'em encouragment, and go beyond wot others expect from a writer, just like Ol' BJ did. Now, here are those who wrote those few words extra.

Skyblade.
She is currently working on a fanfiction which won an award earlier, and is always ready to help when the need. Lets not forget that she has written many works for both here on the forum (Such as her requests) and her essays at school.

The Skarzs
The author of the famous Not All Evil, Skarzs enjoys giving and voicing his opinion to those starting a new fanfiction to set them on the right course.

Carin Destop
One of the oldest and wisest members on the forum, Carin, had published the great and spectacular Vermin Badger series and other One-Shots which have one several award here tonight!

Captain Tammo
The starter of this here ceremony, and author of the published, praised, and awarded Simon series, Tammo is a kindred Spirit who will put on hold everything he is doing to help out any who has questions about writing.

Gonff the Mousethief
One of the younger members, Gonff has worked on a number of fan fictions and poems (His strong suit). Though he is young, he strives to help those like the greats above him.

Now beasties, before I open this here envelope, I would like to honor Captain Tammo. He gave up this award, so that others would be recognized greater than himself. Truly a servant right there! Now, back to winner.

The Winner of the Brian Jacques Award is...

Spoiler
Carin Destop, Author of the Vermin Badger series!
[close]
Congratulations!!!

The Blue Fox went back to his seat relieved of all of the beasts looking at him.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

Skyblade

(I'm surprised I got nominated for this. Thank you all :))

"Kudos to ye, Cairn!" Skyre cheered. Vermin badger? Ye mean like me?

Hickory

I really hate to spoil the party, but I notice that, contrary to the Skarzs' response to Jukka's question of why her fanfic was nominated for only one award, that several fanfics have been nominated for multiple awards. I am aware that this is probably because the multiple-nominee people are more experienced and such, but isn't that an unfair advantage?

And I just blew it.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Skyblade

(I don't know.

I just read the part about Captain Tammo giving up the award. Wow...that's really considerate :))

Gonff the Mousethief

@Sagetip: She entered hers on the very last day when most of the judges had finished and probably didn't see it. I nominated her for an award yes, but the others probably didn't. It's just that timing ratio.
The message of Lewis;
And the heart of Milne.

cairn destop

The lady badger rose for a second time and approached the stage.  Once more she accepted the award.  She unfolded a piece of paper from her gown.

"Our author anticipated awards for the stories or characters, but never for the authors themselves.  The old hedgehog did offer some written comments I would like to share."

"I have always called fan fictions the training wheels for a writer.  It offers all a chance at exploring a known universe without the need for creating it first.  To some, the idea of writing a fan fiction is considered unworthy of anyone who wishes to become an author.  When you meet such a person, ask them if they watch television.  After they say yes, mention some of the current and best known serials.  Not all of those shows were written by the same person.  In essence, those are true fan fictions, stories that use established characters and settings. "
Retirement:  What I earned from a lifetime of work.

The Skarzs

"Well said!" Ronhuk said, giving another round of applause for the badger.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.