Roulette Round 1 <The Shade (Vultur) vs. HIAG (Karathel)>

Started by BrookSkimmer, November 04, 2013, 05:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

Please refer to the instructions for this before starting. Plot, setting, and the rest are up to you. Feel free to make an OOC thread on the OOC page to discuss how your duel will go. You have until Nov. 10th to complete your duel!

The Shade

Vultur walked down the ancient passage-way hidden deep within the temple. The pine marten was looking for the jewels which were suppose to be within the great structure. He was doubting the beasts who told him this severely. He turned another identical corner. Why had he trusted the word of those old travelers anyway? As he strode along a hallway he noticed another, rather slim walkway. Maybe that was a way out. He had had enough of this. Time to get out. But as he entered, he saw this wasn't an exit. No, this was a large room. The room seemed to be harmless, but as he stepped in, he noticed he was standing on an +-shaped walkway. He had three options. Two seemed to lead out, however, the third led straight the platform. On the platform was what seemed to be like a large chest of some sort. As he edged along the slim bridge-like walkway, he glanced down. It was a long fall. He imagined the corpses of other who had gone before him.

And than he was across! He knew being a pine marten had helped, with superior balancing, and agility. He walked up to the heavy chest, and tried to open it. The lid wouldn't budge. He slammed one of his daggers in. Still wouldn't budge. He slammed two more in, and there was a creaking sound as the lid buckled. He lifted it. Three glowing emeralds sat at the bottom. He spun around. He was surprised no one before him had taken them. He stuffed the precious stones into him pockets, and began walked along the narrow gangplank. Time to get out. He had a strange feeling about this...
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Karathel stepped out of the shadows near the entrance to the walkway. As soon as he got out of here with the treasure, he was going to personally murder that group of travellers who had given him the directions. I was the only one they had told about this my footpaw! he thought irately. For all he kenned there were probably a score of other treasure seekers hiding about the place.

He didn't say a word. He just calmly and quietly drew his claymore and then, pointing it at the pine marten, he said, "Drop the gems and get out. That treasure is mine!" He wasn't going to let this scum get away with his treasure! Not after all the work he had been through to get to it!
NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

Vultur jumped slightly as he heard the weasel's voice. He studied the beast, noting that he was armed with a sword. He smiled, a cold expression creeping across his face.

"Sorry matey, but I got 'em first."

He patted his black tunic's pocket smugly, and sniggered. Who did this creature think he was, demanding valuable treasure without so much as a by-your-leave?

"Now gerrout my way, before I stick some blades through yore back.

He illustrated by drawing two belt daggers, and dropped into a fighting pose. It would be nice if the beast took the threat and walked off, but he doubted he would. These jewels were worth fighting for, and for another thing this weasel looked to have gone through as much trouble as he had.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"I doubt that." snarled Karathel, raising his claymore. "Ye'd 'ave t' get t'me back first, and I'm not goin' t'let that happen." He looked the pine marten square in the eye. "Last chance t' get out of this with yer life." he said. "Drop the gems and get out. I won't give ye any more chances than this. Now, hand over the gems!"

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

The Shade

Vula glanced at the bulging pocket, and murmered softly.

"In that case, if yore so stubborn...YAAASAAA!"

He launched himself in the air, peforming a half-flip in midair, and spinning round with both daggers held high. There was a rattle from the jewels as he landed, and he began circulating both blades in a lethal attack method.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Karathel stood ready to intercept his foe's attack, his claymore held in a position to block the oncoming assault.

OOC: Ach, zhort pozt!

The Shade

Vultur hit the claymore with both daggers, spinning him away. This time he flung both, hoping to pin the weasel to the wall with at least one of them. Taking no chances, he drew his other two. It was inconvenient, but he wanted to get this business out of the way as soon as possible.

"Chew on these!" he spat.  

A quick offence would mean almost certin victory for the pine marten. He had used this fighting technique many times, and it had rarely failed him.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Karathel winced as one of the daggars grazed his left cheek. Clearly the pine marten wasn't going to surrender the gems. That was overly fine with him. He had been wanting to kill something since finding out that he wasn't the only beast who had been told about the treasure. Now was his chance to have that pleasure, and this fool was generously going to gim him his kill. How very thoughtful. He ran at his foe and slashed upwards at his head. At last he was going to taste some blood! It had been too long since his last fight.

The Shade

Vultur snarled with pleasure as one of his knives lightly sliced the weasel's cheek. He would have liked a much deeper cut, but at least he had draw first blood, even if it was little. Dropping into another attack position, he realized he opponent was charging towards him. Taken unawares, he received a clip to the ear, a thin strand of blood lashing his face.

"You could have run, you little runt, but now you will have to pay heavily!"

He didn't say what the weasel would pay with. They both already knew. This was a fight to the death.
Again he jumped, bringing both blades and feet toward his newly accounted enemy.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

Karathel jumped out of the way. Little? he thought, smirking. They were about the same size! He came in for another attack, this time jumping and then slashing downwards at the pine marten.

OOC: Zae, ah'm villin' tae ztart ze temple collapzin' if ye are!

The Shade

OOC: Be my guest. ;D
BIC:

Vultur growled as the keen blades missed their mark, slicing the air as his opposition jumped out of the way. He vaguely saw the weasel coming at him, as he tryed to furiously wipe some of the blood that had dripped in his eye. Where was he...

The heavy blade of the claymore came whistling down, smashing into his left paw, completely severing two fingers and batting the belt dagger away. The pine marten screamed in pain, clutching the bloody paw, while backing off slightly. He still had one dagger left. There was still a chance. He held it loosely with his right paw, now on the defensive.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

OOC: If ah can uze yer lozt daggar tae ztart ziz...

BIC:
The fallen daggar fell off the walkway and down into the depths below. Soon after, a loud klink sounded an awful lot louder than it should have. And that was when the screaming started.
It wasn't exactly screaming, but more a loud screeching whistling noise that seemed to come from all around. The whole temple started shaking along with the sound, and off the walls random bricks started to crumble and fall down into the darkness.

Karathel had not been able to relish his edge in the battle due to the sound, which caused him to cover his ears in a futile attempt to shut out the peircing noise. The rumbling of the temple almost caused him to lose his footing, but he was able to land on all fours, narowly avoiding falling into the darkness below. He grabbed his claymore just in time to prevent it from experiencing that same dark fate that he had just avoided. This was becoming crazy! he thought. It was as if...Oh no!
The realization hit him like a thunderbolt. The temple was collapsing! He had to get out of there now if he wanted to survive. Never mind the gems, they weren't worth dying for! He turned around and started dashing for the entrance to the walkway, attempting to get out before the ancient temple became his ancient grave.

The Shade

Vultur stared at the vibrating walls in temporary astonishment, then began uttering a stream of colourful curses as he finally understood. Then must have been a sensitive pressure-pad far below, that his dagger had activated. He couldn't decided wether this was a good thing or a bad thing. He had avoided a deadly fight with the weasel, but now the temple could claim both of them. All sorts of crazy thoughts flooded through him, however, he did know one definite thigh; he had the get out.

And fast.

The pine marten rushed forward mentally trying to ignore the piercing sound that echoed across the large room. A shudder roared through the very air, jolting the walkway he was upon. Dust exploded into his vision, causing he to temporary lose track of the enemy he had been battling a few seconds ago. Noticing one of his daggers, which had incredibly not been buried by the ever-more-collapsing-rubble, he snatched it up. He saw the weasel appear through the dust sweeping across. He had two daggers, and the leg-knife which he hadn't used yet. They would be sufficient to kill the imprudent beast that had threatened him.

He growled softly as he noted they were coming to the end of the walkway, and towards a enterance. What lay behind it, he did not know. Still running, he gripped the belt daggers firmly. This would be over in a instant.

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

"What the-" Karathel breathed as he made his way to the entrance. The entrance was blocked! A large stone had collapsed down onto the entrance, sealing it off completely. Could he move it aside? No, he thought. It would take far too much time. I need to find another way out. He looked around, trying to get some view of his surroundings despite the stream of dust raining down from everywhere. There didn't seem to be any...There! he thought to himself suddenly. There, a few feet from the blocked entrance, was a hole big enough for him to go through. But how to get to it? he thought. There didn't seem to be any-wait... He thought that he had found a way. There seemed to be a small ledge jutting out from the wall. It wasn't very big. Only a few inches at most. And that wasn't even factoring in the possibility that it wouldn't collapse on him as soon as he put any weight on it. But he really didn't have any other options. He would have to risk it.

Karathel was about to start along it when he heard the sound of the pine marten close behind him. He didn't look back. He couldn't waste time on that. Either he attempted it now or he was through. He took a step back, and then ran to the side of the walkway. He almost fell once he made it to the start of the ledge; it was indeed going to be a tricky feat. He tried to dig his claws into the wall adjacent to the ledge, but it was like trying to grip a stone wall. There were just no pawholds in the wall. He was going to have to make his way across on his footpaws and hope that he didn't fall.

He had almost made it to the tunnel when the shaking increased, almost throwing him clean off the ledge. He had just enough time to grab the side of the hole before the his footpaws went flying off the ledge. It seemed almost impossible, but he was just able to pull himself up into the hole and climb in. It was a good thing he had not looked back he realized upon momentarily looking back, for the pine marten, armed with several mean-looking daggars, had just been almost right on-top of him. Bringing his gaze back to the tunnel he began running down the tunnel. Hopefully this led to a way out.