Dueling Roulette (Round 2) danflorreguba(Cluod) vs. The Shade(Nile)

Started by BrookSkimmer, December 10, 2013, 03:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrookSkimmer

You may begin your duel here whenever you are ready! Before you start make sure you have read the rules for dueling here and the rules and basics for the roulette here.

You will have until Dec 31st to complete this duel.

The Shade

The sun appeared to scrape the rim of the hills, as it headed down, lightning up the mountains as it left, so to be replaced by the moon. Amongst the rocky mountains a single beast was visible, crouching on a higher cliff edge, surveying the landscape. Below this beast was a bridge, stretching from one side of a huge cavity to the other. The creature scanned with quick glances, searching for any who dared to explore the ruins onto which he was destined to guard.

His name was Nile, a river otter, although he almost never visited to river that flowed far below.  He shifted his position slightly, and a double sword slung across his back scratched at the ground. He stood up. There didn't appear to be anybeast. Now maybe he could have some shuteye.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Dannflower Reguba

Cluod the stoat intrigued by the ancient ruins, there was sure to be something of value in such a place as this! There happened to be a rather obnoxiously placed otter in between him and what was sure to hold a great treasure. He ventured forth confidently, he had fought otters before, and should this one decide to give him trouble, he would fight one again.

His steps felt like quakes, and time seemed to ooze like so much molasses through an hourglass. His potential opponent seemed ready to nod off, so he sportingly lifted and dropped his staff which made an echoing thunk sound as it struck the worn stones set into the bridge, "Well....... you gonna stop me or no?"
"Remember, sometimes is best to be like boomerang and come back." ~ Griffen

Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes. ~ Oscar Wilde

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

Nile's eyes snapped open. He mentally rebuked himself for letting this intruder come so far across the bridge. Well, he wouldn't get much futher, he smirked to himself. Standing up, the otter jumped off the lookout rock on which he had been perching on. In midair, he drew the double-sword from his back, before landing lightly, rolling with one of great practice. He began walking toward this imprudent stoat.

"You may not go futher."

He wasn't just proclaiming something. He was stating facts. This beast would not go on, at least he would have to go over the otter's dead body.

Dannflower Reguba

The stoat rolled his eyes and took a step forward, "Well, I went further, what's next? Do I have to hop on one paw? Or maybe cook a soup? Or is it going to be dancing a jig?" Cluod thought for a moment, "Just don't ask me to sing, I hate singing, do you like singing? I can't stand singing." He stopped again, looked at the otter, took another step forward, and continued with his speech, "Now I've gone twice as far, can I skip something else now? I still really hate singing." Toying with one's adversary was always so much fun, but it had to stop sometime, and he mentally prepared to reach for his first knife.

Mistakes can make you grow - That doesn't mean you're friends. ~NF - Remember This

The Shade

Nile smiled evily. He was not prone to this kind of emotions, but he was fairly sure he could take the creature down easily.

"Ye hate singing? I'm afraid you'll be making a tune or two soon. Unfortunately, it won't sound very pretty. Of course, you could just march off now if you like, it would save you a lot of trouble...."

His voice trailed away. He wondered whether he would get the half veiled threat or not. Prehaps it would seem blindingly obvious. Prehaps the vermin was just plain stupid, although probably not, even though he had marched up so confidently. He spun the double-sword slowly, wondering what the stoat's reaction would be.

Dannflower Reguba

This conversation was getting him nowhere, and the otter was obviously not very interested with his shenanigans anyway. Cluod sighed and turned as if walking away, but what he was really doing was winding up a shard which he slung straight for the otters stomach, quickly followed by two more shards aimed at either leg. He didn't wait for a reaction, the stoat bulled forward, raising his staff and then driving it diagonally at the otter's right shoulder.

The Shade

Nile had expected some action such as this from the stoat, however, he was taken by surprise by the speed of the shards. He nimbly dodged the shards aimed for his legs with incredible speed, but he could not move fast enough the the third. The keen edge sliced neatly into his side. Although not deep, the cut was extremely painful.

Gritting his teeth, the otter charged forward the meet his adversary, swinging the double-sword expertly. The stoat lashed out with the staff he carried, and brushed against Nile's shoulder. Stumbling slightly, Nile swung his weapon twice, the first blade would cut the staff, the second would hopefully connect with his wrist.

Dannflower Reguba

Cluod couldn't help but smirk as the otter tried the same tactic that so many others had attempted, breaking his staff. The metallic reinforcement dinged lightly, well covered by the thunk of the wood, as the sword blade made contact. The stoat halted his movement so as not to slip into the blade while also spinning the staff with the momentum of the first attack to intercept the second and pulled down, trapping the blade between the staff and the ground. He viciously whipped his right arm around firing a full-blown knife straight at his adversaries chest. At point blank, he was sure he would connect with a simple body shot.

The Shade

Twisting the sword wildly, Nile managed to get it free by turning it on its flat side, and dragging it from the neat grip. He had no time to begin a second attack with it, however, because the stoat had thrown a knife. The bladed tore into his side, but like the shard, had not actually gone that deep. It felt like someone had ignited a flame on his chest. The force combined with the fact that he had tried to avoid the blade sent him sprawling backward, nearly over the edge of the slim bridge. He stabbed his sword into the bridge, and used the handle as a helpful grip, pulling himself up.

The otter prepared himself for a second certain attack. The good news was, the stoat had lost that throwing knife. The bad news was, he probably had more throwing blades, and that Nile was loosing blood. Not much, but than, in a death fight, the smallest detail can might the difference between life and death.  Thankfully, none of the blood had got on his paws, which would make them horribly slippery.

Dannflower Reguba

Cluod grinned, he had the otter hopping now! And bleeding to boot. He reached for his right waist and threw three long needles straight from his waist to his opponents chest, and charged his foe once again first swinging at waist level, and using the momentum from that swing struck downwards from his right shoulder.

The stoat couldn't help but notice that when he stomped his foot for the second strike, he could feel an, "echo," of that force. This reverberation came back stronger than his footfall though, and this was proven by the sudden disappearance of a stone support on the other side of the bridge.

The Shade

After pulling himself up quickly, Nile's keen eyes saw the stoat's paw go to his waist. Thinking he was going for a second throwing knife, the otter leaped forward, not at his opponent, but under him. As he felt the swish of some sort of object barely missing him, he sprang up, and took a couple of steps back. Now he was behind the stoat. As he began pacing back for more battle, he twisted the central handle of his double-bladed sword. It was time for a change of tactics.

PRANG!

Now the otter was holding two short swords, rather than one long one. He brought one sword high, while holding the second one horizontally. He bent both his knees slightly, keeping light feet. The good thing was, he had quite good stamina. He reckoned his energy would be able to last a fair bit yet, enough the wipe that smug little smile of the vermin's face anyway.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: It's not polite to leave an attack un-answered, (and how did you manage to squeeze through my legs?) if you dodge one, then the next attack still follows you to your new position, meaning that my staff strikes would have been close behind, pretty much the same time that you were trying to get up.  :( BIC:

Cluod swiveled to face the otter, "Divin' in the dirt are we? Bad form ya know, mussin' up yer outfit.... Though I guess your blood'l muss it up pretty bad anyways so.." He took a step forward then thought about something. Smiling, he spoke again, "You aren't trying to run me out a' blades are you? I've got blades coming outta me trousers, I could do this for days." Building on this, the stoat decided to prove it, he reached both his hands above his shoulders and one-two'd a set of 6 shards sheathed on his back (one-two'd meaning 6 seperate throws each cast with the same time interval (a quick one)). Each shard had a target, the first two for the upper chest , the third and fourth for the legs, and the last two for his lower chest.

As the stoat made to charge his opponent, the rock he went to step on fell out from under him! Cluod scanned the vicinity quickly, and began to perceive a feeling of rot shielded by the mossy ruins. He backed up as the realization of what was happening dawned on him. The bridge was collapsing!

The Shade

OOC: Granted, I was in the wrong doing a time reaction change, so I apologize.  ;) And for the record,  I didn't go through your legs. BIC:

Nile gave the stoat a withering glance. Of course, he hadn't known he had so many knives, but it was what he could do with them that mattered.

"To be honest matey, I don't care if you have blades comin' out yore ears. And you think two liddle cuts are gonna stop me? You got lucky twice. Yore a fool if ya thought that, vermin."

He spoke the last word with obvious contempt, clearly loathing the creature standing in front of him. Now the vermin was closing in. As he was coming closer to the dark-furred otter he seemed to step on a rock, which promptly collapsed! Now that Nile looked at the bridge closer, it looked in pretty bad condition. In fact, the whole structure seemed to be moving, ever so slightly...

No, he must not get distracted. There was a task to be done, the elimination of this pompous traveler. He tried to focus, finding it difficult with some sort of rumbling in the background. He began to walk toward the still name-less stoat, planning to finish this once and for all.

Dannflower Reguba

OOC: Please respond to my 6 weapon throws please, I will not respond until you fix your post.