If You Give A Mouse A Dagger - A Redwall Actual Play Podcast

Started by mousedagcast, January 30, 2019, 02:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mousedagcast

Hi there!

I was told by the folks at the Recorder on the Wall podcast that I should post this here. I didn't even know it existed, and I'm glad I do now because it's a gold mine.

I GM an actual play called "If You Give A Mouse A Dagger." We use the FATE Core system and it's set in the Redwall universe! Here's a brief description:

"The fabled place of healing, Redwall Abbey, has become nothing but a legend lost to time. A strange disease known as "The Affliction" has started to harm the creatures of the Mossflower Woods. The people's only hope? An elderly squirrel seeking equality, a badger seeking fame and glory, and an orphan hamster seeking a meal.

Join players Tessa Lafleur, Hannah LaFleur, Eric Jaimes, and their GM Aubrey Massey as they play FATE Core in the setting of the Brian Jacques novel series, Redwall."

I would love it if you all gave a listen as Redwall fans. It doesn't stick 100% within the fiction, but I keep it as close as I can while creating our own story. We currently have six episodes out:

• Introduction - The description of the setting set to dramatic music.
  • The Basics of FATE Core - A tutorial of how the FATE Core system works for those who are unfamiliar.
  • Clementine - The story of the elderly brown squirrel, Clementine. You'll wish she was your own grandmother.
  • Diggs the Bold - The story of how Diggs the Bold, Badger Knight of the Order of the Crescent earns his title, "Vanquisher of the Great Wolf."
  • Portobello - A typical day in the life of Portobello, adorable orphan street hamster.
  • Ep. 01 - Down with the Sickness, Part 1 - The first time all our characters come together to find a cure for the Affliction.

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/if-you-give-a-mouse-a-dagger/id1448454354?mt=2
RSS: https://mousedag.libsyn.com/rss

You can find it a bunch of other places too. We really hope y'all enjoy it and look forward to any feedback y'all have!

Matthias720

I'll definitely be checking this out! I haven't had the pleasure of using the FATE Core system, but at least I can vicariously live it through a Redwall setting. :)

Captain Tammo

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Nadaz, voice of the host

Nice, I'll listen soon!
I might have a Redwall fan website coming soon
It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Jack the Quick

'I ate the sharpest tool in the shed'

"Inconceivable!" ~Vizzini, The Princess Bride

"Art is never complete, only abandoned," ~Leonardo da Vinci

Long live the RRR!!

Nadaz, voice of the host

It matters not what you fight, but what you fight for.

Kade Rivok

This sounds awesome!  I've actually been wanting to play a Redwall Themed tabletop game, but haven't been able to find any posted homebrew systems.  I bet listening to this'll give me some ideas though, I'm looking forward to checking this out.

EDIT

So it looks like it hasn't been updated since May, but my idea still stand at least, hahahaha
Words!
Writings of a Mad Man

Songs!
Kade's Vocal Emporium

Gaming!
The Noob Combo

Super Special Medals!