Rebuilding Mossflower Country Steampunk Roleplay

Started by Thomas Barkshield, September 20, 2014, 07:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Barkshield

The Saucy sue was currently 100 feet above Mossflower country, overseeing the railway building from Redwall city to the town of Saint Ninians. The work had been going on for six weeks, and even then they were barley a quarter of the way to the town. Numerous problems had arose around the worksite, from an attack by raiders early on to malfunctions with the pesticide dispersal system, causing multiple poisonings and two deaths. But they had to continue if they were going to reach the small religious town, the first stop on the way to the mining town that had sprung up around Asmodeuses quarry, and they rich minerals it produced.

The Skarzs

Dregnar looked down at the construction of the railway from the glass window ports on his ship. Everywhere below the vicious plant grew, choking out everything else. The cougar considered the idea of lighting a large fire, attempting to burn out the weed, but it would prove too dangerous without other help.
He spun the steering wheel, making the Little Iron turn to the west.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

Hadrian stood on the deck of The steel fist, nervously watching the skies around his ship. The number of pirates had increased recently because of a shipping boom, and though Salamandastron had succeeded in bringing down many ships, there would always be more. Other, less intelligent captains might be caught off guard, but Hadrian was not going to be jumped upon by pirates.

Even though Hadrian was nervous, he had to admit there was a silver lining to all this piracy. Salamandastron, in desperate need of new soldiers, had finally allowed vermin to join the navy. If it were not for the chaos caused by the pirates, Hadrian would probably still be selling newspapers on the streets of St. Ninians, making barely enough to live on.

Brushing aside his thoughts, the pine marten ran over to his stoat lieutenant,Jonathan, to see if he'd spotted anything.

Unimaginative

As Little Iron banked West, Vladimir Thornston was thrown off balance. Catching himself with a crate that was on the deck, he shot an annoyed look towards the cabin, where Dregnar was piloting the ship from. The Fossa coughed, then returned to work, adjusting his respirator.

OOC: Skarz, is it alright if Vlad is the First Mate?
"Once built a steamboat in a meadow
Cos I'd forgotten how to sail" - The Gardener , The Tallest Man on Earth

The Skarzs

OOC: Fine by me.

BIC: "Sorry about that, Vlad," said Dregnar. "We need to get to the St. Ninian's for more fuel, as well as negotiate with some cargo buyers."
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

arya was busy cleaning up a spill of a drink, humming off-tune.

Izeroth

BlueRose

Victoria McSpadden handed some coinage to the little fellow who just filled up her fuel tanks before turning back to the quiet otter at her side. "Let's go." She strode into her airship, every inch a pirate captain.

Shael, her mate, nodded and followed her, keeping an eye out for lawbeasts and bounty hunters.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

Bitterly jittery, and not very glittery.

Cornflower MM

Arya had finished getting the spilled drink up, and walked over to Vicky, since she'd just gotten aboard the ship. "Cap'n Vicky! How's the place look? Just finished cleaning it." She asked cheerflly. The place was, in fact, almost sparkling, and Arya knew it, but wanted Vicky's opinion anyways.

OOC: @Blue: I was thinking Vicky and Arya could be friends?

The Skarzs

Dregnar saw the town coming nearer, and he began descending. "Ready for docking!" he called to his small crew. "St. Ninian's in ten minutes!"
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

BlueRose

OOC: @Corn: Of course! I think they'd get along rather well.

BIC: As Shael bolted the door, Vicky looked around the ship approvingly. "Looks lovely, Arya. You always clean so nicely." She smiled, and then walked to one of the windows. As she looked out, the look on her face changed drastically. "Arya, buckle up. Shael, let's get this thing out of here. There's another ship headed this way, and I don't recognize it."

Shael nodded and went to the controls. It wasn't an easy thing to leave the black docks of St. Ninians, but he began maneuvering away with practiced ease.
Was anyone else on the old DAB forum, circa 2009? I was recently reminded of it, lol.

The Skarzs

Dregnar watched as another, larger ship began leaving the docking station. He tried to see what the name of the ship was, but couldn't catch it. Just as well, it would leave more maneuverability for his ship to dock.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Izeroth

OOC: I shall assume they exist.

A pigeon with a letter attached to its leg landed on the deck of the steel fist. Hadrian grabbed the letter and read it aloud.

"You are needed in St. Ninians at once! There are reports of pirates in the area, and we need your ship to ensure the shipping lines remain safe. Signed Captain Rallid Krig of the first shipping company."

Hadrian signaled to his helmsman. "Get the propellers ready! We're going to St. Ninians!"

Landing in St. Ninians, the the steel fist docked. Captain Hadrian stepped off of it and looked around the docks. "Any reports of pirates in the area lately?"

BlueRose

Vicky saw the Steel Fist dock, and she swept her forelock out of her eyes in a relieved manner. "Dodged that bullet. Where shall we go next?"

Shael shrugged, and left the controls to his mate so he could make sure they hadn't left anything back in St. Ninians.

The Skarzs

Dregnar cursed slightly as the Steel Fist took the place he wanted for Little Iron, and he docked on the spot opposite the warship. The cougar stepped off the ship and went directly toward the fueling house.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.