News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Winter Wonderland

Started by Hickory, February 28, 2015, 09:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi accepted the drink and watched Fiver carefully with her pale yellow eyes, she wasn't about to let her guard down, "My name's Stashi, and you? And why'd you kill the weasel, did you know him?" She asked, taking a deep drink, wiping off her strange silver-grey fur with a grubby paw. It had been a while since she had something to drink. Maybe she could use the map to bribe the rat into getting her some food. But it must lead somewhere important, or else it wouldn't be on a map.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

Wot, wot!

"Hi Nyu!" Night said, a warm smile curving under her beak." Please, friend, my fire is yours. What brings you this way? " Night asked, stretching out her stiff wings. She loved the company of friends, even on a cold evening like this one.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Hickory

Nyu sighed.
"I've been living out here for a couple seasons now, trying to farm the land. So far, only small success. I was just headed to Huvin to pick up some supplies. How are you faring out here?"
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

"As far as names go I suppose I'm Fiver, and as for the weasel, lets just say he was an old enemy of mine. He had his fate coming and I was more then happy to give it to him." Fiver answered coldly.
"I suppose you like to run the streets, if it weren't for you it would have taken much longer to find him. So what can I do for you, as a thanks?"

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi gave a slight nod, "Food, I've not eaten in forever and I don't want to risk stealing more stuff..." she stopped, leaning forward and narrowing her eyes as she lowered her voice, "Was that weasel ever one for traveling? Finding treasure?" She asked, her strange eyes darting about as she looked for eavesdroppers, "I have a map, found it in a chest in that weasel' s house. It's leading somewhere..." She whispered.
Just pretend there is something interesting and unique written here... I have nothing to say.

LT Sandpaw

Fiver looked at the fox in a new light surprised at her sudden openness and secrecy. With all his recent hunting down and killing of his old enemies he had never considered that they might be hiding something else. Lowering his voice to match the foxes.
"Nay, I never knew him to be a creature to travel, yet he was well connected, he may have been keeping it safe for somebeast. Interesting thing to find so it may become useful, might I see it?" He asked holding out a paw. Suddenly he snapped his paw back a sly grin on his face.

"Ah, I almost forgot my promise." He tossed her the pouch of coins he had taken off the weasel winking noticeably. "Here have this, it's not much but it has more then enough to keep you going for a few months, if you eat sparingly."

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi snatched the pouch of coins greedily, hiding it in her cloak, "Aye, you can see it, but tis mine cause I found it." She said, handing over a small square of folded paper, "Do you know where it leads? Or what it leads to?" She asked, her tail twitching impatiently.

Romsca

OOC: He saw the dead weasel just after the guards had left.

BIC: Brooks left the town.

LT Sandpaw

OOC: So I've tried to reply to this thing like five times and it keeps giving me a blank screen and deletes the post, and every time my post gets a little shorter.

BIC: Accepting the map Fiver studied it quickly looking for any recognizable land marks. Shaking his head he passed the paper back over too Stashi.

"Aye, I know the place, know it well in fact. There's only one tiny problem with this." The bemused look on Stashi's face forced Fiver to go on.

"The area this map depicts is half a season journey away and is locked in ice. Anybeast trying to get there would starve and freeze before they made it back." Fiver confirmed tapping the map in Stashi's paws. "Its not impossible but very difficult to say the least."

OOC: Slight PPing there, hope its okay with you.

Hickory

Quote from: LT Sandpaw on March 04, 2015, 03:43:26 PM

OOC: So I've tried to reply to this thing like five times and it keeps giving me a blank screen and deletes the post, and every time my post gets a little shorter.

BIC: Accepting the map Fiver studied it quickly looking for any recognizable land marks. Shaking his head he passed the paper back over too Stashi.

"Aye, I know the place, know it well in fact. There's only one tiny problem with this." The bemused look on Stashi's face forced Fiver to go on.

"The area this map depicts is half a season journey away and is locked in ice. Anybeast trying to get there would starve and freeze before they made it back." Fiver confirmed tapping the map in Stashi's paws. "Its not impossible but very difficult to say the least."

OOC: Slight PPing there, hope its okay with you.
OOC: Not to mention the wolverines
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Eulaliaaa!

OOC: I've had that problem too. I press Preview then post, it seems to work for me.

BIC: Stashi thought for a while, "Half a season... half a season. Do you know what's over there? Is it worth traveling half a season through the lands of ice and snow? I could make it there, I've been surviving in lands like those most of my life. I know how to get food, how to stay warm... warm enough to live. Would it be worth the trouble?" She asked, her eyes lighting up with curiosity.

Izeroth

As he stood in the marketplace, looking for beasts to buy his fish, Dordran mused about the giant haddock he had caught a few weeks back. That had been a great fish indeed; much better than the slimy cod that the otter was trying to sell now.

Suddenly, a mouse darted through the crowd. Before Dordran had time to react, the rodent grabbed one of his cod and ran off with it.

"Stop! Thief!" Dordran yelled. "That mouse stole my fish!"

LT Sandpaw

OOC: Why is Dordran trying to sell fish in the middle of the night? Or should we do a time jump?

BIC: Fiver shrugged off Stashi's question fiddling with his empty mug biting his lip thinking hard.
"I've heard rumors, just rumors nothing more." He paused trying to find the right words. "Of a great stockpile of treasure owned by the wolverines before the snows fell, it was lost to them and now it just rest waiting to be found, I always thought they were legends and nothing more."

He looked curiously down at the map thinking hard. "Story was this is the area it was hidden however, I never heard of anybeast ever finding treasure." He shook his head angry at himself.

"What am I saying you'd need a creature that was willing to go with you and guide you though that land, an their isn't many creatures that even could anymore. You'd best forget it." He advised sitting back in his chair.

Wot, wot!

OOC: I'm sorry about that wait, I couldn't post for a while  ??? :-\

BIC: Night nodded. "I hope you have more luck with your farming, friend. I've been traveling. It's a bit tough in this weather, especially finding food to eat. If only the sun would shine long enough to melt this cold," she said, letting out a small yawn. Night watched the flame sway back and forth with a gentle breeze, unaware that as she enjoyed the safety and warmth, her eyelids were getting heavier and heavier.
"Get him! Grab that spy! I want his head!"
Basil chuckled. "What's the matter? Isn't your own head good enough? No, I don't suppose it is. Ugly-looking brute, aren't you?" -Basil to Cluny the Scourge (Redwall)

"The second you change "I can't" into "why not", you can do anything in the world."

Eulaliaaa!

Stashi leaned forward, her eyes glittering with greed, "Treasure? Look, I know how to survive in the cold weather, I'm used to it. But I don't know how to get there, which way to go, or how to follow a map. If there was a creature willing to show me the way, I would split half of it with them. If it's a great stockhold of treasure like you say, that'd be a lot of treasure." She said, then shrugged as if uninterested, "Ah well, I'd best get looking for some luckybeast who can read a map. Whoever it is, I can promise more treasure than they could carry. I'll take the map back now, and goodnight to you." She tucked the map under her cloak, looking as if she would leave.