News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

A Growing Settlement

Started by Blaggut, March 22, 2015, 04:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

The air is cold, the wind's chilliness biting into the fur of the nearby beasts. Winter has just ended. Spring is coming, a time of growth. Hopefully enough time to prepare for the coming winter, which will be another hard step in growing your settlement, like many other hard steps and hard winters. They number around 40. About 20 beasts capable enough to fight, 11 of which have any experience. The other 20, the workers. Cookie, the head cook, looks out from one of the three wagons they stand on front of, which have been pulled by the beasts standing in front of them now. Before them lies a large plain, off to the left in the distance some mountains, and a river to the right. The enter the plains from the forest. This is where the settlement shall begin. Their supplies are basic. Tools, ropes, nails, a few crates of food, some blades, and some machines such as the iron crafting furnace and the ovens. They have seeds for strawberries, sqaush, wheat, barley, and corn. With this, the hope to build a settlement. But if they can do this is the biggest question.
~Just a soft space boi~

ShrewsForever

Gwynn was wearing a plain black jacket made out of cotton. It was ragged and torn. She had a blowpipe sheathed at her worn grey belt. There was a dagger in her pocket.
The young newt decided to take a short look around the area, not straying far from the other beasts. She found a a big river and a lake nearby. The grass had patches of snow, but most of the area was just grass blowing in the wind and a few bare spots. The clouds drift lazily overhead.

Lady Ashenwyte

Virini surveyed the land. It was a prime location and many would vie for it's bounties. She shivered, thankful that they reached this fine place in spring. She took her pipe out and started smoking it, a thin plume of smoke rising above the treeline. The wildcat noticed the newt leaving and frowned, worry creasing her brow. She shook her head and went into the edge of the forest to gather some herbs.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Just a butterfly struggling through my chrysalis.

ShrewsForever

The energetic Gwynn ran back to camp, noting what she had just seen. Her large, plump tail waved behind her. The firebelly newt's eyes were clear and focused. The grass rustled beneath her feet. Birds chirped noisily in the distance. The wind blew the clouds along the sky. A light fog settled around the hills.

Hickory

OOC: When you said "Furnace" I said "Minecraft".  ;D ;D ;D

BIC: Asher squinted his eyes against the sun. He lounged in an elm, watching the others work to build the settlement. He stared off into the distance for a while, then jerked back to reality. He was supposed to be watching the surrounding area for suspicouis activity. Asher twanged his bowstring. This Ildrinth area was a good find, he thought. Plenty of fruit, vegetables, and trees to fell for housing. He did, however, realize that it was also a prime area for vermin raids. But his scouts reported few, if any, enemy appearences, so Asher was relatively laid-back about seciurity. But if push came to shove... his warriors would do the job nicely.

The squirrel's eyes roved the woodland, searching for something. A-ha! Asher leaped down from his branch, landing neatly on all four paws. He straightened up, getting his bearings. Where was it... ah yes, to the southeast! Asher dashed off.

He slowed to a halt infront of a huge, recently fallen oak. Tapping his clenched paw against the wood, Asher deduced that it had not yet been targeted by wood lice and such. He ran back to the camp. Upoon arriving, he surveyed the land for someone who might listen. A carpenter, maybe?

OOC: Asher plans to use the dead oak as wood, who might he contact to help him? OH, and are we all int he same settlement?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

LT Sandpaw

Pulling his cloak around him Bonswift trudged along the forest path. It was the shortest rout back to the settlement but it was still a good distance. He nervously checked behind himself cautions for any danger. The brown rabbit shivered from cold and a constant nagging fear that he was being watched. Pulling the pack of edibles he had managed to find on the mountain higher on his back Bonswift picked up the pace too try and warm up. He stooped to pull some early wild onions Before taking a slight rise. Once at the top the small rabbit could see a large portion of the valley and mountain forest they lived in.

Pulling a neatly folded paper from his pack he sketched the area mentally remembering the trails and paths cutting though the forest. Folding the paper back up he continued his journey hoping he be back at the settlement before lunch.

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

ShrewsForever

When Gwynn got back, she scribbled directions to the water on a thin piece of oak bark and placed it on a small table. After that, she grabbed a large ax from one of the wagons and went to go cut trees in the forest.

As she made her way to to the edge of the wood, the newt let her mind wander where it pleased. Her ax was carried in both of her hands and the ragged jacket she was wearing flapped in the wind. The ground was rough beneath her feet and her black tail idly waved in the air. She kept her eyes on the forest and her wits about her. Gwynn's black and orange skin had a few scratches and scrapes, but she was overall a very healthy young newt.

Blaggut

Scarfang and Rottenblade wandered the forest aimlessly, looking for a woodland to create to harass. And perhaps eat. They were starvingly hungry, and killing seemed the most straight forward to get some food out of some poor beast's satchel.

((Yes, we are all at the same settlement. But note that the settlement hasn't been built yet. We need hastigeth to come and order some people around. Asher can just ask some other RP-ers or one of the NPCs sitting around. Ooh, theres a weasel with a Bowie knife leaning on a tree that looks good for the job.
~Just a soft space boi~

ShrewsForever

Gwynn saw a small tree on the plains. It looked like it would make good lumber. Grateful that she didn't have to go into the unfamiliar forest, she felled it with a few swings of her borrowed ax. The newt''s watchful yellow eyes glistened in the sunlight as she watched the tree fall to the ground. Gwynn noted where the log was. It wasn't very large, but it would still take a while to carry. She ran back to the young settlement for help carrying it. She squinted as the sunlight touched her face.

Lady Ashenwyte

Virini ducked behind a tree when she saw some vermin pass by. She cursed under her breath and quietly stole back to the group.
The fastest way to a man's heart- Or anyone's, in fact- Is to tear a hole through their chest.

Indeed. You are as ancient as the soot that choked Pompeii into oblivion, though not quite as uncaring. - Rusvul

Blaggut

Scarfang talked idly with Rottentooth as they walked through the forest.

"Say, how's yer tooth doin', anyways?"
"Scar, I don' like talkin' bout' my tooth. Ye know 'at."

This conversation leads to a small scrap, ending with Scarfang getting a well deserved cut. At this point a weasel known as Redclaw bumbles to the group, toting a short blade. He remarks "Where we goin' buddies?" as he trims some whiskers off his large, ungainly belly with a claw.

"I dunno. I lost count where we were."

They decide it doesn't matter much, after a short scrap in which Scar gains another scar, and begin heading in the direction of the group.
~Just a soft space boi~

Lady Ashenwyte

Virini took three sharp stones and coated them in poison. She hurled the stones at the trio and ran for the safety of the group.

Hickory

OOC: Battle already!?

BIC: Asher forgot the oak for the moment and plunged back into the woodlands. Scampering up a beech, he took a good look at the wodlnads fom his perch. His ears detected an argument... Asher followed the sounds until he reached the site of Scarfang, Rottentooth, and Redclaw. He listened in on their conversation.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Lady Ashenwyte

OOC: They could just be knocked unconcious and captured.

Blaggut

((Thought I'd throw in a bit of danger to keep things rolling until building starts, and a bit of fun.

The stone hits Redclaw on his stomach with a blunt edge, smearing his belly with an oozing paste. The second grazes Scarfang. "Wot is this stuff?" they both remark. Scarfang catches sight of the mouse, and they blunder towards her, Scarfang grimacing, as the minor graze is beggining to sting badly.
~Just a soft space boi~