News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Happy Australia Day!

Started by Tiria Wildlough, January 26, 2012, 07:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiria Wildlough

Well, for those who are Australian, 26th of January is Australia Day! Woohoo! ;D ;D
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

Horray! Happy Australia Day! *waves Aussie flag*

For those of you who were wondering (no one? ;)), Australia Day commemorates the landing of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove in 1788. We usually celebrate the same way everyone seems to celebrate their national holidays - with BBQs and fireworks. :)

It's been a bit of a non-event for me for the past few years, though. I don't know any other Australians close to me, so I never really do anything special.

How do the other Australians here celebrate Australia Day?

DanielofRedwall

Happy Australia Day! Unfortunately, we're in the middle of a heatwave here, so it was an indoors day for me. I did swim laps at the pool, though, and I'll probably walk over to the fireworks (I live close enough). Listened to Triple J's Hottest 100 Countdown, though, that was epic.
Received mostly negative reviews.

Tiria Wildlough

My family never does anything special for Aussie Day. :'(
My tumblr! not-the-skycat.tumblr.com
I'm not a hipster.

Lily

I ended up driving two towns away so I could have steak for dinner. Not as good as an Aussie BBQ, but it was still delicious!
Of course, I could have bought a steak and cooked it myself, but that would have tasted bad. ;)