News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

What's you fav Redwall recipe???

Started by winifred, May 11, 2012, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winifred

Can someone PLEASE send me or post the custard sauce recipe?????? I really need it, by tonight!!! :o My mom is hosting a bridal shower and I'm making hare's haversack crumble, and I can't find the custard recipe!!! PLEASE HELP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D
And many many more...

Dannflor

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

DanielofRedwall

Here's the recipe for the custard sauce:

Custard sauce recipe

Ingredients
2 eggs
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups milk
1 vanilla bean, pod split lengthwise, pulp scraped (or use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Method
1. In a bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks with the sugar.
2. In a pan over medium heat, warm the milk with the vanilla bean pod and pulp (if using).
3. When the milk is steaming (do not let it boil), pour it slowly over the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Return liquid to pan.
4. Stirring constantly, cook over low heat until the sauce begins to thicken, about 4 minutes. Transfer immediately to a bowl. Remove the vanilla pod if necessary, or stir in the vanilla extract. Let cool. This sauce can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
[close]

And here's the recipe for Hare's Haversack Crumble:
Haversack Crumble recipe
Serves 4-6 people
Ingredients
1 quart (4 cups) fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries or blackberries
2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
Topping
1 cup all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cubed
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 packed cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, pecans or any favourite nut
Custard sauce (see recipe above) or ice cream, for serving

Method
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place berries in a large glass pie plate and sprinkle them with sugar, adding a little more if the berries are very tart.
2. In a bowl, stir together the flour, cinnamon and salt. Add the butter and rub it into the flour with your fingers (alternately, pulse dry ingredients and butter in a food processor) until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in the brown sugar.
3. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the berries, then scatter the nuts over the top.
4. Bake in oven until the topping is crisp and golden, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Serve warm, with the custard sauce or ice cream.
[close]

Hope that helped!
Received mostly negative reviews.

winifred

Thanks guys so much!!!!! I should modify this thread to, your fav recipes or something.

Modifyed ;D
Sherlock
Doctor Who
Beyond the Western Deep
Mouseguard
Ranger's Apprentice
Lord of the Rings
The Chronicles of Narnia
The Book Thief
Harry Potter
Percy Jackson
:D