"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

Owl City

Started by Rainshadow, September 05, 2012, 04:15:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rainshadow

(Sorry for the double post)

When Can I See You Again? - Owl City

It's here!  The When Can I See You Again music video!

And the Shooting Star music video is out today as well!  2 videos in the same day?  Awesome!
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

glassowater

I love Owl City! I just saw them in concert! <3
"Your Escape plans have melted!
You haven't a chance
for the next thing youknow,
Both your socks and your pants
and your drawers and your shoes
have been lost for the day.
The Oglers have blossomed
like roses in May!
And Silently, Grimly, they ogle away."

-Dr. Suess, "Your only old once"

Rainshadow

Oh, you are so lucky!  They came my way a while back, but I couldn't go.  I found out about the concert to late.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Haha!  I just found my new favorite game!

http://www.owlcitygame.com/

I have no idea why I find it so fun, but it's so addicting!

Redwallfan7

I heard the song Good Time. I love it!
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Rainshadow

Yes!  I love Good Time!  I was so surprised to find that the music video was on Demand.  I, of course, immediately watched it lol.

Rainshadow

Revived.

Okay, I just gotta say, for all of you Flames Pond fans, this is awesome:

I must have looked quite odd, standing there, giggling at the computer.

(For those of you who can't see it:)

Flames Pond
 Flames Pond was born in 1986 in an unknown place, but most people describe it as "heaven".  He was trained as a super-secret-agent-spy from the moment he could talk.  He began work as a spy in 2000, when he was 13 years old.  His main area of work was a small town commonly known as Owatonna, Minnesota.  His first well-known mission was against the Yellow Fuzzy Man.

Yellow Fuzzy Man  The Yellow Fuzzy Man was Flames Pond's first "bad guy" he had to defeat.  Yellow Fuzzy Man captured Flames Pond using his plush minions, including Giant Horse and Spiderman.  Yellow Fuzzy Man then took Flames Pond to the "Interrogation Room: (with mega-ultra-super-thick double soundproof walls), where he was asked a series of strange questions.  Pond stayed strong, claiming "You can't make me say anything... except that... you're mean."  Alas, Yellow Fuzzy Man was very persistent, managing to make Pond answer a few questions, including "What was your favorite class in the sixth grade?"  (To which Pond answered "espionage")  Pond managed to escape after a long torture ceremony, slamming Yellow Fuzzy Man's minions on the ground and dashing out of the Interrogation Room.

Underwater Door  Flames Pond was next seen diving into a swimming pool, exclaiming "Ah!  An underwater door!"  He found himself in a strange, uninhabited trailer.  Pond found a CD player (SWEET!) and immediately started dancing, using his signature moves.  While Pond was preoccupied, an unidentified spy snuck in, picked up his own air guitar, and started dancing along with Pond.  Pond was outraged, and, in a fit of anger, hit the spy over the head with his air guitar, causing the spy to be knocked out.  Pond then fled the scene, coming back a few moments and claiming he "forgot his air guitar."

Pond then was engaged in a game of checkers with the very spy he recently knocked out.  Pond won shortly (HA!).  This angered the spy, causing him to throw the checkerboard at Pond in a fit of rage.  Pond, feeling threatened, struck the spy with the checkers box and fled the scene, hopping on his bike and speeding away with a roar of triumph.

The Later Years  Pond has been spotted several times since the Underwater Door mission.  He once explained to a reporter that "the beach sucks", and has also been seen on a skateboard with two unknown individuals wearing football helmets.

When Pond turned 16, his uncle gave him a guitar.  What exactly happened at that moment is unclear, but Pond has never done another mission.  He hid in his basement until he was 23 years old.  At this point, he was no longer known as "Flames Pond".  Only a selected few know his true identity now.  These extremely talented and intellectual beings are known as "Hoot Owls".  These people follow the new Flames Pond to the end of the earth, and occasionally explode all over their computer screens.  Their home is often referred to as "Owl City".
[close]

Haha, this is another thing I found:

(For those who can't read it:)

Owl City band members
  Current members:
  Adam Young - lead vocals, programming, keyboards, piano, synthesizers, guitars, bass guitar, drums, percussion, vibraphone

Current touring members

While Young writes, composes, records, and produces all of Owl City's music, during live performances he is accompanied by a group of supporting musicians.

Breanne Düren - keyboards, backing vocals
  Daniel Jorgensen - guitar, vibraphone
  Laura Musten - violin
  Hanna Schroeder - cello
  Casey Brown - drums
  John Wayne - pizza
  Flames Pond - air guitar
[close]