News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Your Favorite Christmas Carols

Started by Dreamer, December 07, 2012, 05:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer

What are your favorite Christmas carols? I'm just wondering. Mine are: God rest ye merry gentlemen;  Carol of the bells; Good King Wenscelas; and anything medievil sounding.
~Dreamer~

W0NWILL

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of the lyrics in Adeste Fideles, but it's a nice tune. Home for Christmas and Silver Bells are nice, if we're talking about any Christmas songs.

gorath

Let's see: Carol of the Bells, What Child is This, and I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas
My favorite people: Obi Wan, Satele Shan, Jek 14, Kai, Longtooth, and Kili.

rakkety tam

i dont realy listen to a ton of christmas music but i do like rudolph the red nose reindeer
rock'n'roll  will survive

25% nerd 25% redneck 25% rocker 25% Redwaller  100% me

If war must come, let it come during my generation, so that my children will know peace

Redwallfan7

Christian favorites: Oh Holy Night, Silent Night, Hark the Herald Angels sing, Joy to the World, and God rest Ye merry gentlemen, and The Little Drummer Boy

other favorites: Do they know it's Christmas? It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, Last Christmas, Christmas is here (Trans Siberian orchestra), All I want for Christmas is you, Rocking around the Christmas Tree, Have a Holly Jolly Christmas, and Do you hear what I hear? (I like a lot of Christmas songs with the word Christmas in the name, as you can tell)
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Dreamer

~Dreamer~

W0NWILL

And on every street corner you hear/Silver bells, silver bells/It's Christmas time in the city/Ring a ling, hear them ring/Soon it will be Christmas day/

It's so pretty.

Lutra

http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=1207.0

Some older posts on the same topic.  My favorite is still O Holy Night. :)  I still have about two dozen renditions of that song.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

Rainshadow

I believe that my favorite would be The First Noel.  I also like the song Christmas This Year by TobyMac, but I wouldn't consider that to be a carol.
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

blindsimeonjtp

i cant decide so i guess i like em all

Lutra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDLKzs5AtA

I always liked the overture song "What A Merry Christmas Day" from Mickey's Christmas Carol.
Ya Ottah! ~ Sierra

MatthiasMan

Quote from: Lutra on December 14, 2012, 01:06:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iDLKzs5AtA

I always liked the overture song "What A Merry Christmas Day" from Mickey's Christmas Carol.
I love that one!

Redwallfan7

Oh! I love Do they know it's Christmas?
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Cornflower MM

TOPIC REVIVE SINCE IT'S PRETTY CLOSE TO CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

Rudolph The Red-nosed Reindeer, Rockin' 'round the Christmas tree, Jingle Bells! (I am actually dancing to a version of this in the parade!!) Silver bells, pretty much everyone I've heard! I like them all!