News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Short Stories

Started by Wisteria Wild Cat, August 28, 2012, 08:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisteria Wild Cat

Okay, obviously this is a topic for short stories. I have a, well it's not really a short story yet but I'm thinking about making it one. There's a short story contest in my area and I really want to enter, so let me know what you think. Constructive criticism welcome!
Forgive me if I have any spelling errors.

----------
The Tiger's Hunt

Through the thick foliage, one could barely see the orange pelt of a stalking Bengal tiger. It's muscles were tight, like a coil ready to spring. The tiger's head was down as it moved silently, limbs moving better, smoother, than a well-oiled machine. The pupils in the golden eyes were nought but thin slits as the tiger tracked it's prey.
A young deer, nosing around the fallen leaves on the forest floor, twitched an ear occasionally in its search for food. The deer's brown pelt blended well with surrounding plants, but the white spots in its hide always kept the tiger's rapt attention. The deer jerked its dainty head up, ears no longer flicking, but straight and stiff.
The tiger froze. His tail slowly working back and forth in mid-air, silently lashing. The predator was smart enough to keep his tail off of the ground, yet the deer seemed to sense him. Whether it was scent or sight, the deer knew of the tiger's whereabouts. The deer took a catious step forward, it's stuby tail flicking constantly.
The tiger opened it's jaws, and pounced. Muscles unclenched and the beast shot forward like a orange and black bullet. It's retractable claws sunk deep in the deer's back, puncturing the soft skin and digging into the muscle. The deer let out a painful bleat as is fell to the ground, struggling weakly. The tiger was too much for the small deer to handle. The tiger's canines sunk into the deer's jugular, cutting off air and killing the pitiful creature. The tiger let go and licked the blood from it's muzzle.
The successful hunter lay and gnawed on it's meal, barely chewing the chunks of meat which it swallowed with vigor. A short time later, the orange-and-black-pelted beast stood and walked silently away from it's kill.
It would return perhaps the next day or so, after the feeling of being full wore off. Until then, the tiger would rest.
The beast's tail swung from side to side as it disapeared into the thick forest.
----------
This is just what a wrote randomly one day, and I want to make it into a short story, so, let me know what you think!  :)
I am so unbelievably busy at the moment, (BECAUSE I'M MOVING!!!) if you need me, which you most likely won't, PM me!

Redwaller

Rainshadow

If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Mattio

Tam and Martin

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Romsca

Great!  ;)
Just one question: do deer bleat?
And also, "it's" means "it is", and "its" without an apostrophe is a possessive adjective. You would want to use "its" without an apostrophe instead of "it's" in the instance "It's retractable claws sunk deep in the deer's back"