News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

the dark knight rises

Started by blindsimeonjtp, January 05, 2013, 01:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blindsimeonjtp

has anyone seen this movie yet?
is it good?
whats it about well besides   Batman

Paradox

I absolutely loved it. I saw it on my Christmas break, and I regret not having seen it in theaters! I'm not going to spoil it for you, but basically you have Bane, a super strong mercenary who wants to turn Gotham into ashes. Plus, a whole bunch of other awesome things thrown into the movie :) If you're a fan of the other two movies, you SHOULD like this one. It still has that classic "dark" Batman theme that I have come to appreciate from Christopher Nolan!! Watch it! And then you have my permission to die ;P You'll understand what I said when you see it
No, that won't work.. it makes too much sense!!

Redwallfan7

I haven't seen it yet, but we should keep the families who lost their loved ones in the Aurora Colorado theater where it was showing.
"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Paradox

Yes, that was horrible.. It really just blows my mind to know that these things happen in everyday, regular places..
No, that won't work.. it makes too much sense!!

DanielofRedwall

The movie was fantastic. Second best of the trilogy, IMO, behind The Dark Knight, especially with the Joker, who was so well done (bit biased there, I'm from the same city as Heath Ledger). I saw it in a pretty cheap cinema overseas in Asia, so I think it wouldn't have looked the best then, but still really enjoyed it. I now own it on DVD, along with the other two. The trilogy was brilliant, and DKR was a great way to bring it to a close. Blew my expectations.
Received mostly negative reviews.