Finished Martin the Warrior

Started by DMBlackshire, January 21, 2013, 02:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMBlackshire

Just finished it up. I am reading the books chronologically so this is my 2nd Redwall book. The way that Jacques paints the story for you is just wonderful. I often find myself wanting a scone and a strawberry cordial (perhaps spiked) every time I pick up the book. Very comfortable reading. Shame Rose had to die though. I was hoping for the happily ever after ending, but pleasantly surprised. One question though is where are the Badgers during this whole conflict. They were not existent. Is there a history or story gap I am missing here? I thought that the badgers were a sort of law in the wilderness, and that there were badger lords all around the wilderness because they could not all be in Salamadastron? Not a big deal just curious.

Leatho Shellhound

Yes its a good book. About the badger, there are a few lone badgers in the series. For example Orlando the Axe came from the norther plains, and the two badgers grath and his family,  Salixa and her mentor: the Tabura Also came from else where. The one in the book Martin the Warrior the badger was just part of the group.
    Take a look at our Abbey's Art Gallery

click the banner

321tumbler

It's a great book. The badger-lords of Salamandastron protect Mossflower not the surronding areas/islands.

Tam and Martin

Salamandastron was not mentioned In Martin the Warrior.

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

Captain Tammo

There are no bustling communities of badgers in the world of redwall that I can recall(its been awhile since I finished the series). A badger seems about as rare as seeing a giant in real life, at least where I live. Which really is more on the rare side. It's not that there's too many badgers for one badger lord job, its that there can only be one who is called to the mountain. The others have their own destiny.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: Tam and Martin on January 21, 2013, 06:19:12 PM
Salamandastron was not mentioned In Martin the Warrior.
And even if it was, any creatures living there probubly wouldn't have anything to do with the accounts in Martin the Warrior. A good reason is that Marshank and all the other places in Martin the Warrior were far, far away from Salamandastron.

Life is too short to rush through it.

Redwallfan7

"There's some good in this world, Mr.Frodo, and it's worth fighting for."-Samwise Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Osu

In Eulalia, I recall reading something about Gorath's family being lost in the great southern wars. It seemed to imply there were a lot of badgers involved. Certainly there was a time when taburas were as thick on the ground as warrior badgers. I think only one is called to the mountain, and then only when a hero is needed. Perhaps badgers are only rare in and north of Mossflower? In Martin the Warrior, there was a badger, just not a badger lady. ;) Then again, there may be badger lords all over the wilderness; Mossflower is a big place, they might easily miss each other.

Also, there's an official recipe for strawberry fizz; it isn't cordial, but it's certainly very tasty!
Redwall is always open, its tables laden, to you and any of good heart.