News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Verdauga, 2024

Main Menu

Backyard Engineers Unite!

Started by Norham Waterpaw, April 21, 2013, 02:13:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norham Waterpaw

Who here is a backyard engineer? Do you build big weapons? Do you invent things? Do you like to create things?

Then post what your awesome backyard imaginations are here!
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

Err, I built a small ballista out of wood... Have to re-string it, though, nylon doesn't work for a ballista.

Captain Tammo

I built a hover chair ;D
I used a leaf blower, lawn chair, a large circular piece of plywood, a shower curtain, some pipe insulator, duct tape (of course) and a paint can lid.
It worked really well!
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Thomas Barkshield

My brother built a homemade arc welder.

SPSF kodachorm otter7486

im building a 10 ft railbridge for my backyard train layout with few friends

Norham Waterpaw

Very cool. Currently I'm working on an eight foot long crossbow, I hope it works when I am done!
Hey you! What? Expecting a great quote or some heart-warming poem? Too bad, my signature is just boring. Stop reading it. Stop it. Why are you still reading it?

Rusvul

I'm trying to build a pair o steampunk-style folding wings that I can strap to my back.

Norham Waterpaw

I hope you're not going to jump off a cliff to test them.

Rusvul

No, that would be stupid. Why would I do that? Where the heck would I even get a cliff? I'm going to jump off my airship to test them.
Spoiler
Onto another airship... They're meant to extend a jump by a few feet. Enough to leap to someone else's ship without a grappling hook. I always stunk at throwing them, anyways.
[close]

Norham Waterpaw

Oh, and btw I was joking, and I should have written it differently.   :P
It sounds cool though. Very.

Rusvul

I know you were joking :P. I was too, there's a strange lack of airships today. They probably won't actually increase my jump distance, but I can RP that they do. RP'ing is awesome.