News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

The Sable Quean - General Book Discussion

Started by Ungatt Trunn, August 22, 2013, 06:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn

Well, you saw the title of this topic- lets discuss The Sable Quean!

I think that it was interesting how "Quean" was spelled in the title of the book. Unlike "Queen", "Quean" means something along the lines of an "Evil woman". I also found out that it is often misspelled in Spelling Bees. ;)

The book itself has a great atmosphere for me. Just something about the flow of the plot really appealed to me. Comments?

Life is too short to rush through it.

The Shade

Yeah, it was ok. You can tell though it, Brian has changed while writing all the books. Things are a little differant.... like, the reason Buckler and Diggs ended up at Redwall because they were delivering bell ropes. You dont see that in a arverage redwall book  ;D
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: The Shade on August 22, 2013, 06:53:49 PM
Yeah, it was ok. You can tell though it, Brian has changed while writing all the books. Things are a little differant.... like, the reason Buckler and Diggs ended up at Redwall because they were delivering bell ropes. You dont see that in a arverage redwall book  ;D
Yea, usually it was some dream that told creature to go to Redwall. This one, they decided to go in a more natural way. ;D

The Shade

Too right! Also, the way Zwilt was killed, if The sable Quean had been an earlyer book, BJ would have made Buckler kill him, but instead that harewife killed him. A differant plot.
They told me I was gullible. I believed them.

It is well known that 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.

I used to leave out half my sentances, but now I

Tam and Martin

I love the Sable Quean! All the villains, redwallers, Axtel Sturnclaw, and THE DIBBUNS! They were soooo funny and so awesome!!!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

HeadInAnotherGalaxy

NARDOLE; You are completely out of your mind!
DOCTOR: How is that news to anyone?

"I am Yomin Carr, the harbinger of doom. I am the beginning of the end of your people!" -Yomin Carr

-Sometime later, the second mate was unexpectedly rescued by the subplot, which had been trailing a bit behind the boat (and the plot). The whole story moved along.

MeadowR

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn on August 22, 2013, 06:46:07 PM
I think that it was interesting how "Quean" was spelled in the title of the book. Unlike "Queen", "Quean" means something along the lines of an "Evil woman".

Ohh! I did wonder that; there didn't seem to be any explanation so I almost wondered had Jacques randomly forgotten how to spell 'queen'. :P

Well, The Sable Quean was the first Redwall book I'd read in a few years (I read it just a few months back) and I thought it was a positive start to me getting back into them. :) (Then I read Doomwyte, and that was even better! :D) Already I can't remember a lot of what actually happened, so I can't discuss it much further until my memory of it is triggered some more!

... The ickle mouse that was trapped in the room with the other youngbeasts sounded sweet.
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Banya Streamdog

The Sable Quean is one of my favorite books! I love the charcters and how they have the dibbuns get captured. Another thing I also like is how they have two bad guys, Vilaya and Zwilt.
EEEE AYE EEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Shadowed One

I don't like it as much as some of the other books, but it is still not one of the worst. One thing I disliked is that the Sable Quean and the Rogue Crew both have an evil hedgehog in them.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

yeah  :-\
I liked Sable Quean but I cried when Flandor got killed  :'(

Ungatt Trunn

Quote from: rachel25 on September 08, 2013, 04:02:21 PM
yeah  :-\
I liked Sable Quean but I cried when Flandor got killed  :'(
Yea, that was pretty sad!