News:

Cheers to an Auspicious Autumn, Ev'rybeast! Enjoy a hot cider and the cool breezes, as the year dwindles to its end. . .

Main Menu

Quest to Noonvale! (OOC)

Started by Mari, June 13, 2014, 09:28:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mari

Edit:

Hello! This is the OOC topic for Quest to Noonvale! The basic plot is a stoat corsair and a hedgehog warrior from Redwall band together to find the mysterious place known only as Noonvale.

If you would like to join, perhaps as a creature that Redmane and Leo encounter on their adventure, please feel free to post here and we'll figure something out! :)

TOPIC: http://redwallabbey.com/forum/index.php?topic=6356.0

----
Spoiler

Hello! I'm looking for a two-person roleplay, not a duel, but rather an adventure. :) I've just finished rereading my books and going through the tv series again (haha, I loved it as a kid) so I'm in a very roleplay mood. I've just finished created a character, a female corsair named Redmane.

Here is her information! Under a spoiler so as not to make this too long. I found the sheet off of a forum member, Faiyloe. (Thank you!)

Spoiler
Name: Secret! (aka I haven't thought of it yet...)

Nickname: Redmane. (Her 'badbeast name', so to speak.)

Titles: Fur of Fire, Kin of Captain Kell Sharkface, Pikedancer

Species: Stoat

Good, Evil or Neutral: She is a grey character. Normally her species and profession indicate evil, but she is not considered a typical bad beast.

Role: Corsair; daughter of the captain of her ship. Currently wandering in search of something...

Weapon(s): Generally uses poleaxes, pikes, staffs and staves.

Appearance: She is a light brown stoat with a white underbelly, and a strange fiery-red mane. She has painted markings on her legs and paws, as well as on her cheeks. Redmane wears a blue tunic with a dark red belt and black buckle, and often travels with a rope around herself.

The tip of her tail is dark brown, and around the end she has a smaller version of her father's Jolly Roger.

-- Fur: Light brown/white belly/dark brown tail tip. Dark circles around eyes.

-- Eyes: Light brown.

-- Clothes: Blue tunic. Dark red belt with black buckle. Rope. Folded flag tied onto tail.

-- Distinguishing marks: Painted marks on legs, paws, and face.

Personality: Redmane can come off as a bit pushy sometimes. She's generally a fearless fighter. Redmane is generally protective of crew and travel-mates alike, but her safety always comes first. Being the daughter of a famed corsair also makes her a bit big-headed.

Extrovert/introvert: Extrovert.

Voice: Redmane has a bit of a corsair's accent, but it's not terribly thick. Her voice is a bit rusty-sounding. Sometimes she mimics the creatures she's speaking to out of habit. Has a fondness for molespeak.

"Me ol dad wanted a lad, doncha know?"

"Aye, I'd marry a badger! Think uv all th' treasure!"

"M'looking fer a special place. Mayhaps y'can 'elp?"

Likes: Damson wine, treasure, swimming. Moles. (Sensible and often good cooks.)

Dislikes: Archery. (She's no good at it). Shrews. (They're loud and boisterous and annoying.) Extreme weather conditions.

Strengths: Paw-to-paw combat. Combat with a poled weapon. Being persuasive.

Weaknesses: Tracking on land. Endless stomach. Not good with blades or bows.

Favorite food: Anything, really. Seafood gets tiresome.

Season: Winter

Origin: Born on her father's ship, Firegale.

Where: Travelling.

Home: Her father's ship, Firegale, has three decks and a large crew. There is a rumor that her father has a secret island where they dock, make repairs, and restock on supplies. Brave beasts have gone to find the island, but have never returned.

Room: On Firegale, Redmane has a small private room to herself. She has a comfortable cot and a corner stacked with pikes and staves. Another corner has knick-knacks and small pieces of treasure.

Family: Redmane has only ever known her father, Kell Sharkface. Sharkface is a captain first, and father second. Redmane deals with that rather well.

Friends: Redmane is exceptionally good friends with the ferret lookout, Catsclaw. He declined to come with her on her quest. She is still a bit sore about that.

History: All her life, Redmane has only known the life of the corsair. While her father wanted a son, seeing his daughter grow up nimble and strong caused him to accept her as a member of his crew. Redmane has a very soft spot for treasures and adventure, and so left the crew to pursue a rumor. It's unknown if she left with permission or slipped away of her own accord.

What is something they never go without: The flag wrapped around her tail.

what they keep in their...

Traveling pack: Food, mostly.

Chest: Treasure!

Pockets: Probably food.

Under Their Bed/Pillow: A present from Catsclaw.
[close]

I also have a plot that needs a bit of tweaking, but I have the general idea for it:

* Redmane has left her ship to pursue a rumor of a secret place which supposedly has wonderful treasures - a placed called Noonvale.

* She is a terrible tracker and path-finder on land, and hopelessly lost, finds her way to Redwall Abbey. She has no interest in the Abbey treasure-wise.

* She requests the help of an Abbey creature to assist her in finding this secret place. Your character agrees to go under the guise of helping her find Noonvale, in order to keep an eye on her.

* I keep thinking there should be a poem to help your creature and mind find Noonvale, but I'm not very good at that. All I know is that Noonvale is to the north of Redwall Abbey. If you are good at poems, perhaps you can lend me a hand? :)

If you're interested, please tell me! :) Maybe we can even have three people, but I don't really roleplay well with groups that are too large, especially since this is a travelling roleplay, rather than one set in the Abbey.
[close]

W0NWILL

I'd love to roleplay, I also like small groups. Gimme a little bit to make a character.

The Skarzs

I'm interested, but not sure what I would be able to contribute to this; I will wait, and perhaps someone will come along who will more readily join. If not, I will make sure to rack my brain for a character and stuffs.
Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Mari

Quote from: W0NWILL on June 13, 2014, 09:56:50 PM
I'd love to roleplay. Gimme a little bit to make a character.
Certainly! Thank you!

Quote from: The Skarzs on June 13, 2014, 09:58:00 PM
I'm interested, but not sure what I would be able to contribute to this; I will wait, and perhaps someone will come along who will more readily join. If not, I will make sure to rack my brain for a character and stuffs.
Okay! I think what I will do is make it a closed topic but add a disclaimer that if someone wants to join (as a creature Redmane encounters on her journey to Noonvale or the like) they can message me and we can work it out. :)

The Skarzs

Cave of Skarzs

Cave potato.

Cornflower MM

ah, this sounds interesting! but, I'm overloaded with RPs, and I'm doing a rivate RP with Skarzs here. Perhaps later?

Mari

Quote from: Cornflower MM on June 13, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
ah, this sounds interesting! but, I'm overloaded with RPs, and I'm doing a rivate RP with Skarzs here. Perhaps later?

Perhaps! I'd be honored. :)

W0NWILL

Beginning of my character.

Spoiler
Name: Rustin Leonardo Prickleback

Nickname: Leo. He doesn't much like his first name, so often goes by the shortened version of his middle name.

Titles: Champion of Redwall

Species: Hedgehog

Good, Evil or Neutral: Good

Role: Abbey Champion

Weapon(s): Natural Defenses, short sword. Won't take Martin's Sword.

Appearance: Rustin has dark, somewhat gingery-looking fur. His spikes are slightly darker than his fur, and darken even more toward the tip, until they're almost black where the spike ends. This gives him a slightly speckled appearance. His eyes are an average size and brown. He usually wears a large blue shirt with dark trimming and off-white pants. He rarely wears shoes, but when he does, they are always the same pair of worn moccasins. There is a thin scar between his eyes when he ran head-on into a very thorny tree. There is another scar near his jawline from a fight against a rather nasty rat.

Fur: Dark ginger. Spikes get darker closer to the tip.

Eyes: Brown and rather average.

Cloths: Overlarge blue shirt, dark trim. Off-white pants. Moccasins.

Distinguishing marks: There is a thin scar near his eyes and another thicker one near his jaw.

Personality: Rustin is a rather 2-D sort; what you see is what you get. He's easy to read. He's a bit of an adrenaline junkie, and is in his prime when he's hanging from a cliff top from his fingertips. He is outgoing and strives above and beyond for perfection. He is a rock; strong and dependable, but maybe a bit boring at times. He is oblivious to the ladies' charm, so much so that there is some speculation that he's gay(Speculation that he will neither confirm nor deny).

Extrovert/introvert: Extrovert

Voice: Rustin has a loud, authoritative voice. It is used to giving commands. He speaks in a strange way, different from most hedgehogs, or indeed, most creatures nearby. It could probably be likened most to a highlander's accent, with a few key differences. Most notably, his 'R's. They tend to skip around or drop out of words entirely.

Dislikes: He has a severe dislike(not fear. Nope. Not at all) of thunder and lightning.

Strengths: He's a good warrior and pathfinder.

Weaknesses: Couldn't lie his way out of a paper bag, is rather clumsy, and often has to resort to brute force, instead of diplomatic reasoning.

Favorite food: Buttery rolls packed with cooked vegetables.

Season: Spring

Origin: Redwall

Where: Redwall

Home: You know

Room: He sleeps in a modest room next to the infirmary.

Family: Deceased dad, old mum still living in Redwall. Older sibling is the cellerhog.

Friends: He gets along with most abbeydwellers, and is close friends with the friar. He doesn't get along that well with some of the elders, though.

History:

What is something they never go without: Victuals and his sword.

Traveling pack: Lots of good food!

Chest: His sword and a small shield he often ends up not using.

Pockets: What pockets?

Under Their Bed/Pillow: Nothing but dust!

Other:
[close]

Mari

Wow! He's an excellent character! By the by, where would you feel most comfortable starting the roleplay? I was thinking in the middle of dinner after Redmane manages to convince the Abbot/Abbess to let her inside. I can also roleplay as the Abbott/Abbess and have them pull Leo aside to discuss Redmane's intentions and destination - that could be our first few posts?

W0NWILL

Sure, that sounds okay. Easy place to start.

Captain Snowfire

If I may, is it alright if I join? It does not matter to me if you'd prefer that I be a side character that you two meet up with for a short period of time, or the third travelling companion. Whichever you want.
Prom! Here I come!!!

Mari

Quote from: Captain Snowfire on June 17, 2014, 06:19:56 PM
If I may, is it alright if I join? It does not matter to me if you'd prefer that I be a side character that you two meet up with for a short period of time, or the third travelling companion. Whichever you want.

We have someone interested in being the third side character, I believe, but they won't come until later in the journey. For that matter, you can be a side character, if you'd like. :) Just post a character sheet so we have something to refer to and we'll figure out how your character meets up with Leo and Redmane! :D

Captain Snowfire

It shall be posted Immediately! Here it is!

Name: Veren Ironclaw

Nickname: Ven

Titles: The Wanderer

Species: Sable

Good, Evil or Neutral: Neutral

Role: Wandering Traveler

Weapon(s):  Claymore, long Dagger with intricate carvings.

Appearance: Veren, or Ven as he likes to be known as. Has dark brown fur with white eartips and Hazel eyes, and walks with solid and sure footing. He wears a light suit of chainmail beneath a buttoned and padded linen coat of blue velvet. Along with some linen trousers and some floppy sea boots. The general first impression he gives other beasts is that of a corsair. And has several scars running across his face and back.

Fur: Dark brown

Eyes: Hazel

Cloths: Light suit of chainmail, padded linen coat of blue velvet, floppy sea boots, linen trousers.

Distinguishing marks: Scars running across face and back, white eartips.

Personality: Quiet and calm.

Extrovert/introvert: Introvert.

Voice: Talks quietly with the accent of a highlander.

Dislikes: Heat, and small places.

Strengths: Very fast, strong, agile, and quick thinker.

Weaknesses: Very headstrong and stubbern.

Favorite food: Tea and Stale cookies.

Season: Autumn

Origin: The Highlands.

Where: Wanders

Home: Whatever glade or comfy place he can find.

Room: Small tent made of sailcloth taken from a sea rat ship.

Family: Father (Ravenfang) and Mother (Vilakri)

Friends: Weasel named Nirit Dadri.

History: Veren Ironclaw lived in the Highlands where he was born to his Mother and Father, both mighty warriors and quick schemers. And spent many seasons under their watchful eyes and harsh training, but managed to make a friend with a Weasel named Nirit Dadri, who had given him his dagger as a sign of their friendship. But when he reached the age of 24, Veren left his dwelling and parents behind and decided to go wandering. He asked his friend to join him, but his friend declined. And said that even if they were apart, they would still remain friends. And so he "convinced" a searat captain to take him to the southern coasts, where he heard rumors of a mountain full of gold and priceless jewels. And made it unharmed to the Southern coast about a weeks march from Salamandastron. And headed instead to the East.

What is something they never go without: Long Dagger.

Traveling pack: Sailcloth tent, and scavenged food.

Chest: Nothing.

Pockets: Long dagger, dirt.

Under Their Bed/Pillow: Gift given by Nirit.

Other:
Prom! Here I come!!!