News:

For some, the heat of summer nears its end. . . And for others, the blooms of spring appear.

Main Menu

The Dawn Of Responsibility (and potentially a series if there's enough interest)

Started by Dannflower Reguba, July 28, 2014, 01:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornflower MM

Wylder Treejumper

Seeing no reason to delay himself longer on account of a squirrel, Sir Cosram set off down the path. The trees eventually thinned and he could see houses and shops strewn along the path. A sign proclaimed, "Redwall Township". He found a smithy and payed the owner, a fox, a few coins to repair his shield of dents and scratches, then set off for the abbey. He pounded the gate heavily with one gauntleted fist.
The gate opened and he found himself looking at a mouse, apparently the gatekeeper. He asked to see the abbot.
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

Cornflower MM

Arya was busy doing this and that, just really running a few small errands.

Rainshadow

Serpo Raturos was in an outrage!  He had traveled nonstop for three entire days to get to the fabled Redwall Abbey, and what did he find?  Nothing but unadorned beasts in habits and peace-loving woodlanders!  The stoat and the weasel had tricked him!

Thinking murderous thoughts about the already dead creatures, the thief decided he needed a drink.  But where to get one?  He didn't know anything about this abbey, other than that apparently it didn't have riches beyond anybeast's wild dreams.

With an irritated grunt of a sigh, the fox started walking in one direction, hoping he would find some grog or ale before he got truly angry.  But something stopped him right in his tracks.  There, not more than ten yards away from him, was a young, pretty squirrelmaid.  She wore a brown, plain tunic, but a beast with such natural beauty must have some sort of valuable trinket on her.  Just look at Serpo himself!  He was known as one of the most handsome beasts in all of Salamandastron, and he had all sorts of fancy baubles on his person; some hidden in pockets in his jacket, others in his trouser pockets, and still others shoved into his boots.  Of course, the tod's favourite medallion, an heirloom he stole off of a rich mouse, was worn around his neck, but he'd taken it off, so as to not get it damaged on his journey.

Serpo snapped out of his thoughts, returning his attention to the squirrel.  How should he approach this beast?  Flirty?  No, flirty might not work on her.  The female looked more of a warrior than a damsel.  Possibly more of a friendly approach?  No, again with the warrior type.  She could cut him down before he could pick her pockets.  That posed another problem.  Where exactly were the creature's pockets?  He couldn't see any on her.  Maybe she had a satchel on the side he couldn't see.  Yes, that was probably it.  Either that, or she had her valuables shoved into her boots.  Those were relatively easy for the fox to pick, as he'd had a lot of practice when he was just a young pup.

After about three seconds of actually thinking all that through, the thief had come to a decision: he was going to sneak up on this squirrel, but not here.  Not in public.  No, first he'd follow her, then, when they were out of sight, he'd try his luck.  And if he failed, well, he had a weapon on him.

OOC:  In case you were wondering, Corny, Serpo's got his eyes set on Arya.  If you're not fine with that, please tell me and I can change it to just another random squirrel.  Also, feel free to have Arya notice him at any time, as I'd rather not have it end with both our characters stuck in an alley or something, fighting to the death, 'cause Arya's probably a much more seasoned warrior than Serpo, and she'd probably kill him.  :P
If you're interested in my art or keeping in touch, I'm active on DeviantArt and Instagram!

Cornflower MM

OOC: No, I'm fine with it. More than fine, actually, since I was thinking of what I could be doing. That wouldn't be good, I agree, and it's kinda likely.

BIC: Arya was looking ovre a little fruit stall, when she first got uneasy, but she concealed it and picked an apple, handed the friendly, habit-wearing mouse a coin, and started off, taking a bite and chewing it thoughtfully. Inconspicuously looking around, she spotted a rather handsome fox with his attention on her. She came to a decision: If he followed her for five minutes, she was going to find a way to talk with him. If he was looking for valuables, which was quite likely, he was going to be disappointed. And soon.

Wylder Treejumper

Abbot Cornall approached the armored warrior. "What can I do for you, my son?"
"I need to replenish my supplies for the road. I know Redwall is famous for their hospitality in such matters, and I hoped you would be able to help me."
The Abbot smiled. "Of course we can help you. Please, come with me."

After restocking his supplies, Sir Cosmar inquired if there was anything he could do in return.
The Abbot shook his head. "We do not ask anything in return for our hospitality. However, there is something I would like to show you."

He led Sir Cosmar to the Tapestry of Martin the Warrior. "Many warriors came to pay homage. I thought you might be interested."
"Thank you, Father."
"'Tis the business of small minds to shrink, but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death."
-Thomas Paine

"Integrity and firmness is all I can promise; these, be the voyage long or short, shall never forsake me although I may be deserted by all men."
-George Washington

Courage: Not only the willingness to die manfully, but also the determination to live decently.

W0NWILL

Sunsayzanous wandered through the market, oohing and aahing at the colorful displays that graced the numerous stalls. He paused next to a strong-looking hedgehog working a forge.

"Issss it very hard?" He inquired, speaking loudly to be heard over the blows of her hammer.

She looked up from the sword she was pounding flat, "Aye. 'Tis good, strong work, though."

"You are making a ssssword, yessss?"

She nodded, folding her arms across her heavy apron, "I am. An' if ye'll 'cuse me, I need ta finish it soon."

"Oh. Okay." Sunny said rather dejectedly, and continued on his way.

The Ambassador of Strength turned back to her project, blowing a drop of sweat from her nosetip.

Sunny instead chose to go to the fruit stalls. He had a bit of money, and back home in the marsh, the greatest delicacy had been the odd drowned traveler. But the fruit that was sold here was amazing, better than that muddy flesh.

"Hello," he greeted a female squirrel eating an apple as he passed near her, "Pleassse tell, where did you buy that apple?" Even though he lived in the abbey, he was constantly lost.

Cornflower MM

Arya finished chewing her bite, and swallowed. "Right at that stall over there, sir." She said politely, then pointed. She gave a friendly smile, and took another bite out of her apple.
--------------------------------
Bryony was bored. She was considering going down to the river, but decided, instead, to go ot the fruit stalls. She didn't know why, really.n So off she went, politely giving a nod of her head to anyone she passed.