News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Disappointing Movies

Started by Eulaliaaa!, February 09, 2015, 04:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LT Sandpaw

With Eragon man did the mess up with the Urgals (Spelling) No horns which is a big thing with Urgals, and what the heck with Razzak

"Sometimes its not about winning, but how you lose." - John Gwynne

"Facts don't care about your feelings." -Ben Shapiro

MeadowR

^ And Arya looked more like a LOTR elf, wrong hair colour et al. Omitting Solembum altogether was a great shame, too. Etc, etc...
~*Meadow*~

Season Namer 2014

Cornflower MM

Quote from: MeadowRabbit on February 12, 2015, 05:37:38 PM
^ And Arya looked more like a LOTR elf, wrong hair colour et al. Omitting Solembum altogether was a great shame, too. Etc, etc...

I know! And speaking of Solembum, did you see Angela?!

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 12, 2015, 03:17:40 AM
I don't think the new Night at the Museum will be good. Movies tend to be bad after the first one, I doubt this'll be worth watching.

Bad? *Raises eyebrows at word choice* I've always thought that they just weren't as good. But excellent movies in their own! Why don't you give it a shot? You never know, you might be surprised!

Hickory

Quote from: Jetthebinturong on February 09, 2015, 09:29:13 PM
I honestly do not understand the hate for the Star Wars prequels, I hate Jar Jar but that's about it

The Percy Jackson movies
Nataliie Portman's performance of Amidala is kind of controlled. And Hayden Christiansen As Anakin. I hate him.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

Quote from: Eulaliaaa! on February 11, 2015, 01:50:38 PM
All the Hunger Games movies were disappointing. I don't like the books either, maybe it's just me  ;D

It's not just you.  I ripped the plot, characters and writing style apart so badly when I read the first one that I made most of my friends dislike them too.   A teacher friend of my parents' said his 5th grade students were reading the books.  I was shocked, but then I remembered that I'd started reading Redwall when I was 7, and they can get quite violent and descriptive too.  They, however, have well-crafted villains and heroes and don't deal with juveniles killing each other for malice and glory.

Also, no one has yet mentioned Jumper.  I can't be the only person disappointed by that film.  The previews made it look like it would be so good.