News:

"Beep-Bloop" -Matti, probably

Main Menu

HELP ME! I need inspiration, fast!

Started by Blaggut, October 17, 2014, 01:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaggut

In 2 days there's a writers workshop and I'd like to have a shot story or drabble ready. All I've got is Little People that either live in the woods or scavenge of humanity in the big city. They don't use iron (except for very rarely scrounged metal melted and built into very rough weapons) and usually build their weapons using bone, wood, or scrounged materials.

The other is my idea for a comic book, but novelized type. Basically, rats, mice, street cats, amphibians, and the occasional behemoth of a huge berserker mole have created small kingdoms in different areas around the same street, in which they scavenge off humanity to survive and even make war machines and weapons. Almost no metal, though, of course. That makes their siege nineties pretty simple things, such a small board that uses a lighter to light cotton balls and rubber band fires them into the enemy lines. It is much more fleshed out then the other possibility.

I seem to have an obsession with small scavengers...
~Just a soft space boi~

BadgerLordFiredrake

How about it's post-apocalypse for them, and humans all died but the animals survived?

(coughmodernredwallstylecough)
baby turtle forever

Blaggut

Well, part of the story is kinda avoiding humans and scavenging off them.

Also, the moles got there because "their home"  in a farm was set up with mole traps, and forced them to migrate to the city. I might changed this too badgers because moles are blind.
~Just a soft space boi~

Izeroth

I don't think badgers could get around very easily without being seen. Maybe the main enemies could be domestic cats or dogs?

Blaggut

Well, there aren't really any main "bad guys"

The basic history is that stray cats used to have mice enslaved and ate them too survive (not out of cruelty) and then they escaped because of The Empire, which was an empire of rats in an abondened basement. The mice started an uprising and many were killed when it was put down. However during the battle (at the home of the cats, an abondened office building) one escaped and got The Empire to help out. Since then the stray cats have been in decline. The mice joined The Empire, but a new nation was formed after a time in an apartment building, inside the walls, also made up of rats and mice. It is no coicendence the apartment's food seems to go missing often. The lizards and frogs have built a tribalistic primitive empire hidden under a Denny's, where they eat the throw out food. Each has an advantage; The Empire is strong, the apartment nation has a food source, the Amphibians and Cats are allied, plus the cats are large but sparse in number and the Amphibians have weaker weapons (usually, but everyone has axes built out of bottle caps xD) but have turtles and frogs to ride into battle. And the moles/badgers/weasels whatever are allied with either The Empire or the Apartment Nation, haven't decided.
~Just a soft space boi~

Blaggut

~Just a soft space boi~