Martin's tapestry

Started by BadgerLordFiredrake, July 28, 2013, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerLordFiredrake

Which, in the Legend of Luke, says it wasn't even of Martin, it was of Martin the Elder.  Why does everyone say the tapestry of MtW, then?
baby turtle forever

Sailears

They look similar I guess.
My ears, how are you, wot!

Captain Tammo

Did it really?! I don't remember that!
But I can think of a reason. First, since they have the same name and they're direct descendants, they have the same blood so you could say they're pretty much the same. Next Brian wrote TLOL several years after writing Redwall. I think he wanted to give the tapestry some more history.
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Tam and Martin

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 28, 2013, 06:12:43 PM
Did it really?! I don't remember that!
But I can think of a reason. First, since they have the same name and they're direct descendants, they have the same blood so you could say they're pretty much the same. Next Brian wrote TLOL several years after writing Redwall. I think he wanted to give the tapestry some more history.
Yep! I agree with you there!

If you wanna chat, PM me :) I'd love to talk with any of you!

Instagram: aaron.stott2000
SC: ayayron2000

rachel25

Do you remember that the tapestry wasn't made until Mariel of Redwall so by then the Redwall creatures might have lost the information that the mouse in the picture wasn't the same Martin anyway when Martin (the warrior) first got the picture everyone said it looked like him so even if they did know that it wasn't the same Martin it could still be used as him  :)

Shadowed One

Yeah, but in Mariel of Redwall they talk about the color of Martin's face, which doesn't make sense.
Martin the Warrior is way more epic than Mickey Mouse. Anyone who says otherwise is insane, or just wrong.

"I'm languishing in heroic obscurity!"-Doc

rachel25

When do they talk about the colour of Martin's face  ???

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rachel25 on July 29, 2013, 03:19:04 PM
When do they talk about the colour of Martin's face  ???
I think they were discussing the different types of thread for his face.

Maudie

Quote from: BadgerLordFiredrake on July 28, 2013, 04:18:57 PM
Which, in the Legend of Luke, says it wasn't even of Martin, it was of Martin the Elder.  Why does everyone say the tapestry of MtW, then?

It was made using the reference from the tapestry of Martin the elder, but I think the original plan was to modify it to look like the younger Martin, because the two looked so much alike.
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

Captain Tammo

Quote from: Mask on July 29, 2013, 05:12:15 PM

It was made using the reference from the tapestry of Martin the elder, but I think the original plan was to modify it to look like the younger Martin, because the two looked so much alike.

What book was that shown in??
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" -Luke the warrior

Maudie

Quote from: Captain Tammo on July 30, 2013, 05:46:06 AM

Um, I think it was in Luke or Mariel, but I'm not sure. I really need to reread these books for the fourth/fifth time. ::)
"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." John 17:3

rachel25

I'm pretty sure it's in Mariel of Redwall  :)

Tam and Martin

Quote from: rachel25 on July 30, 2013, 12:21:55 PM

I'm pretty sure it's in Mariel of Redwall  :)
Yes it is.