News:

Moderator activity in progress. Please, be patient. ~ Sincerely, The Staff

Main Menu

Unorthodox Acronyms

Started by Hickory, May 01, 2015, 09:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Some funny acronyms...

When does on LOL or ROFL? Personally, LIOM (Laughing Inside Of Myself) is better.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Faiyloe

Personally I find LOL and ROTFL very accurate. Though I think that is an extrovert thing. My mom on the other hand would agree with you on this one.
I am back... sort of... maybe... Hi?

Jetthebinturong

I'm partial to Bill Bailey's NELI-Not even laughing inwardly. His whole thing on acronyms is hilarious
"In the meantime, no one should roam the camp alone. Use the buddy system."
"Understood." Will looked at Nico. "Will you be my buddy?"
"You're a dork," Nico announced.
~ The Hidden Oracle, Rick Riordan

Søren

Me and my friend have a list as to just how serious each lol is. One "lol" as a polite mental laugh, or one of approval. Never out loud. An lolol means possibly a smile. lololol means smile, and maybe slight exhale. lolololol means a smile and probably a chuckle. lolololol rolf means you actually laughed out load.

I'm retired from the forum

Faiyloe

... Wow, you need to lighten up dude! A hardy out burst of loud and intrusive laughter is good for you. I do it all the time and get glares from my siblings.  ;D It is fun. You should try it some times. I try to avoid ROTFLs when other people are in the room, mainly because it is demeaning but they are also fun. Really a good ROTFL should last over a minute with lost of relapses and between bouts of LOLs and stifled giggles.  ;D

Søren

Quote from: Faiyloe on May 02, 2015, 03:19:59 AM
... Wow, you need to lighten up dude! A hardy out burst of loud and intrusive laughter is good for you. I do it all the time and get glares from my siblings.  ;D It is fun. You should try it some times. I try to avoid ROTFLs when other people are in the room, mainly because it is demeaning but they are also fun. Really a good ROTFL should last over a minute with lost of relapses and between bouts of LOLs and stifled giggles.  ;D
....says the girl who irons people and fry pans faces when they tease. ;)
Oh, we lighten up in person. But we just really use the different lols as levels of amusement or approval. Easer. But we know when each other laughs because it was funny and not dumb.

Faiyloe

And who is to say I am not laughing uproariously while ironing your tail, enjoying it immensely the entire time.  ;D 

Søren

Faiyloe