News:

We're doing a read-along of the Redwall series! The current book is The Sable Quean!

Main Menu

Cedar Point

Started by Hickory, July 26, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hickory

Anybody heard of this amusement park on Lake Erie?
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Banya

It's a beautiful park with amazing rides.  I've been there six times so far; I go nearly every October for their Halloweekend festivities.  Because I have so many memories of great times spent with friends there, Cedar Point made it onto my list in the topic "25 Things You Love."  I'm looking forward to seeing it again this fall.

Hickory

Great! FAvorite ride?

Skyblade

Sounds cool!

However, I live too far away :P

Thanks, MatthiasMan, for the avatar!

Banya

Quote from: Sagetip, the hare on July 26, 2015, 01:56:02 PM
Great! FAvorite ride?
Several.  Iron Dragon, Gemini, Raptor, Millennium Force, and Mean Streak are my must-rides each year.  Last year I fenced with an exchange student from Switzerland, and her dad works on the architectural/engineering team that put the designs for Raptor into the works.  She couldn't pronounce "Raptor" with her accent, but I figured it out, and she was proud of her dad when I told her how popular and awesome it is.  On Gemini, it's fun to have an inside seat with friends on the other train to exchange high-5's with while the ride is in motion.  Millennium Force and Mean Streak are the classics, and I have a fondness for Iron Dragon because 1.) it's a blast, 2.) it's over water, 3.) on a less busy day, it's possible to ride it over and over again without waiting in a long line, and 4.) the aforementioned scenario took place on the first day I was with my first boyfriend, so that's kind of a sweet memory.

Hickory

My favorite is Corkscrew. It was the first new(er) roller coaster I rode and after the bumpy ride in Blue Streak I was itching for a more extreme, smooth roller coaster.

I agree with you on Iron Dragon, it's incredibly fun. Let me tell you a story about our first trip.

The first time at Cedar Point was with my sister, my dad, and my grandmother. We arrived right at opening time, but thanks to their incredibly well-oiled traffic system (which I commented on) we went through and got a spot smoothly.

My sister insisted on Ocean Motion, and after that was Blue Streak. We chilled and then my dad and I went on Corkscrew. My sister and him did a less-action-y ride, then we planned to do Iron Dragon. That was incredibly fun and we were cooled off (slightly). We were definitely going to do a water ride then, because of the heat, so we headed for the other water ride besides, Snake River. (or some such name). We had attempted to go on Wind Seeker but it was cancelled because of high winds, so we instead went on the lower one near the Maverick.

We were planning on the Maverick, but it was a long wait (what, perhaps hour and a half?) so we continued on to the one that my dad and I wanted: Skyhawk.

Let me say that that ride is the most epic and adrenalin-filled one I went on, (exception: Maxair) and I wanted to do it again. But I could't.

The Gatekeeper and Raptor were both too long of a wait, so we finished off with the Maxair and left. It was an exhilarating first time.

Banya

You hit a lot of good rides in that day.  How many times have you been to the park?  Have you only been in the summer?
My first trip to the park was in the summer, but I don't remember it well, as I was only 9.  I went four times in high school and once in college so far, and all five of those trips were during Halloweekends.  An hour and half wait, while long, is still quite normal for Cedar Point, even as late as October, and about the max I'd wait for a ride.

Hickory